bultaco bing carb

mur

hello again i noticed from previous posts that the setting is 3/4 turns out from closed ,i shall try this, she just seems to run hot,also will put in new points and filter and do timing at 2.8 before,just trying to bring the old girl up to trial level thanks anyway mur

hi mate no its the other way about clockwise is leaner anticlock wise is ritcher. first bottom the air screw clockwise then turn it anticlock wise 3/4 this is the nomal seting for the bing carb hope this helps

Mmmh ...

turn the screw in until it locks,

(for turning in clockwise direction, or rechts herum in German or turning right in Englisch).

Than turn the screw out 1 and a half turn against clockwise direction, or links herum in German or turning to the left in Englisch)

This is the standard position for the pilot screw, (NOT the idle screw!,)the engine might run but not best, no you can finetune the by turning in quarter revolutions.

If you turn to the right, close the screw, or clockwise the mixture will be leaner.

If you turn to the left, open the screw, or counter clockwise, the mixture will be richer.

Ok I went through this before a few weeks back on another post. On the Bing carb it uses an "air screw" . When turning the screw out from the carb it is adding more air to the fuel mix causing it to be leaner. Turning the screw in lessens the amount of air causing it to have more fuel or rich. 3/4 turn out is a good starting point. Basically start there and turn the screw out slowly, you may or may not notice that the engine starts to run more evenly and the idle speed will rise. This is fine just turn the idle down and adjust again until the lowest stable possible idle is achieved. Don't worry if its 1.5 turns out. if it runs good there then fine. But if it runs better all the way in then you need a larger pilot jet . If it runs better at lets say 2.5 turns out you may wanta leaner pilot jet. It is important to differentiate between a fuel mix screw and an air mix. otherwise you will be going the wrong direction with jetting changes.

steve

Ok I went through this before a few weeks back on another post. On the Bing carb it uses an "air screw" . When turning the screw out from the carb it is adding more air to the fuel mix causing it to be leaner. Turning the screw in lessens the amount of air causing it to have more fuel or rich. 3/4 turn out is a good starting point. Basically start there and turn the screw out slowly, you may or may not notice that the engine starts to run more evenly and the idle speed will rise. This is fine just turn the idle down and adjust again until the lowest stable possible idle is achieved. Don't worry if its 1.5 turns out. if it runs good there then fine. But if it runs better all the way in then you need a larger pilot jet . If it runs better at lets say 2.5 turns out you may wanta leaner pilot jet. It is important to differentiate between a fuel mix screw and an air mix. otherwise you will be going the wrong direction with jetting changes.

steve

thanks to all you guys for the help and will try adjusting carb tomorrow,having a wee bit of trouble getting timing down to 2.8, the stator plate all the way over in the slot gives me 3 and a wee bit before top deck centre, think this will do?? thanks again MUR

thanks to all you guys for the help and will try adjusting carb tomorrow,having a wee bit of trouble getting timing down to 2.8, the stator plate all the way over in the slot gives me 3 and a wee bit before top deck centre, think this will do?? thanks again MUR

reduce the points gap a bit? think 2'5 is better for steady riders anyway.

make sure the float level is right once the tickover and needle is ok, or I would even do it the other way round?

Edited by Nigel Dabster