Is there going to be a new Mont?

beatabeta

How do you know they lose money?

You know Dabster could be right as they are not selling enough bikes or are they clever?

Shift old stock slowly (people will still buy in small numbers)not pumpimg money into R&D on a new bike which could be clever in the present climate? So rather than loose a pile of money they keep ticking over.

The trials market is very small with lots of players and the punters want something new each year, is this sustainable?

When the European manufacturers are struggling whats the bet that Honda will up their game?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know they lose money?

Looking at Bou and Fuji all I see is REPSOL splashed all over them, not Honda. Anyone know why?

G. Jarvis Winner 2011 SSDT. Wagers?

Have you been to a world round lately? How much do you think fujis car cost? Aproximate cost of bou's wages/ sales of montesas in this country for the last 4 years? shall I go on?

Have you been to a world round lately? How much do you think fujis car cost? Aproximate cost of bou's wages/ sales of montesas in this country for the last 4 years? shall I go on?

Please do,speculate...

How much do you think Fuji's car cost and how much do you think they get paid?

Wayne

Honda also fitted that batteryless EFI setup to their two premier MX bikes. Don't know how much it was based of the 4RT R&D effort, but no doubt they at least shared notes a bit.

I believe the EFI system came from a scooter. Which as far as two wheels go, is probably where the real money is.

Hmmmm.

I think Honda see the trials market as an easy niche to fill. In terms of bike development, whilst there are fewer rules & regs in this game than MotoGP etc, the winners of the competitions primarily depend upon the skill of the rider rather than the evolution of the species.

Given that, in a financially depressed market, it would be poor marketing to deliver a huge budget new model for such a small arena as this, unless Honda gets it's ass kicked.

Montesa need Honda more than Honda need Montesa, so any model evolution will be just that: an evolution & not a revolution.

I think Pidcocks have missed a trick with this. I can see no point in Grimbo riding anything other than a standard bike. He could quite easily take a standard bike to a top 5 position, what better marketing than that? What will he prove in taking a non standard bike to a similar position?

unfortunately for Pidcocks he is going to prove of the long standing truths in trials. A good rider can make any bike look good.

I of course will be demonstrating the opposite, a bad rider cant make a good bike look good......

Yamaha led the charge though and got the AMA and FIM to implement rules heavily favoring thumpers in MX/SX and..

Not according to this: Super Hunky

Honda have done well from trials. Not financially but, as mentioned in this thread, from technological cross-pollination. The RTL short stroke Honda trials bikes of the late '70's and early '80's provided technical input to the XR's of the early '80's.

Not according to this: Super Hunky

Honda have done well from trials. Not financially but, as mentioned in this thread, from technological cross-pollination. The RTL short stroke Honda trials bikes of the late '70's and early '80's provided technical input to the XR's of the early '80's.

Umm, wasn't it the F.I.M. that mandated that all trials bikes in the world rounds be 4 stroke by 2006, and then backed away from their own rule after the Trials manufacturers spent big bucks developing said 4 strokes?

Shame they haven't brought out a new Mont as the current ones are not competitive!!

Says who!!!

SSDT 2011

G Jarvis 3rd

A Gomez best newcomer

A Bilbao best over 40

Go Mont

PS somebodies