fork tubes

chilly

i was just wondering if fantic 35mm fork tubes are used in any other bikes? they are rare or very expensive or rubbish when they arrive from ebay :crying: re-chroming is too expensive so i am looking at fitting anything that will fit i am that desperate to get the job finished :wall: any help or advice would be much appreciated,ta very much ;)

i have just finished stripping the forks and had a surprise :huh: the left leg had 2 fork seals in it and the right one had 3 <_< one stanchion is in good condition but the other has some pitting. i will degrease and paint and fit new seals but i think i will have to fill the pits with chemical metal or something. what quantity of oil should i put in? one had no oil in and the other had about a teaspoon of brown water. the engine is back together so when i have the forks sorted i will start on the frame. am considering blasting and powder coating if i can get away with a cheap repair to the forks. fingers crossed it should be getting dirty again by july :thumbup:

what fantic is it? If its a twinshock then the forks off a SWM are same. All Fantic forks are made by Marazochi. The early mono forks are the same except for disc brackets.

its a 201 i think,the engine and the frame both say FM350 on them. it is a mono shock rear with a disc up front and a drum at the back. the engine is 156cc and forward kick. i emailed ABE about fork tubes and they said a re chrome for one stanchion would be

its a 201 i think,the engine and the frame both say FM350 on them. it is a mono shock rear with a disc up front and a drum at the back. the engine is 156cc and forward kick. i emailed ABE about fork tubes and they said a re chrome for one stanchion would be