TY250A Peg Lowering Kit

bengtphorqs

You might like to use my "77 gets her 2008 Makeover" as a reference article. On the "Blog" published 7/28/2008. I do discuss the differences in the frames and how your 74 frame may be different.

Tony

Most people use the bottom horizontal frame tube which is already threaded then cut off the footrest on the same vertical plane, drill and thread a 8mm hole. Cut out a triangular shaped plate drill and weld on footrest mounting bracket in desired position.

Takes an afternoon but well worth the effort.

Question on riding a TY250 with lowered foot pegs:

Doesn't the seat/gas tank get to far up into your crotch when you lower the foot pegs making it harder to swing (tilt) the bike from side to side when turning?

I have considered lowering mine for a couple of years but would love to ride one before I cut the current pegs off.

Edited by Alan_nc

Question on riding a TY250 with lowered foot pegs:

Doesn't the seat/gas tank get to far up into your crotch when you lower the foot pegs making it harder to swing (tilt) the bike from side to side when turning?

I have considered lowering mine for a couple of years but would love to ride one before I cut the current pegs off.

Alan turning is not affected because your knees are still above the seat, but lowering the footpegs does reduce the clearance under your bum so when you unweight the rear end of the bike there is a higher chance that the seat or rear guard will hit your tailbone. Most commonly noticed when crossing big logs or jumping up an obstacle. Not a problem for people with long legs but I am 5'10" in your measurements and find that a couple of times I have hit my tailbone on the rear guard on my TY250 twinshock with lowered pegs when doing energetic unweighting of the rear end of the bike.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had my first outing on my ty250a after adding my own homemade brackets. It's different! The front end has become very light much like my 175 was. A slow pull up a steep hill with good traction and the front would start rising pretty easy but I will adjust. They do stick out aways. I measured 20" between the outside of the pegs but my GasGas is 19" The center of the pegs are 37 1/2" from the center of the front spindle. I will like them.