what tools shoujld i take with me to a trial?

alfie69

a small box i carry to trials,

spanner set

allen key set

screwdriver set

hammer

chain breaker & spare few links of chain "one link round the throttle cable rubber on bike"

pliers tied to bike

various cable ties "some on bike"

chain lube & wd40

spare dry outfit gloves socks and waterproofs

spare levers

duct and masking tape

plug key and plugs "gap pre set"

tin of tyre weld

you would be surprised what cant be fixed with a outfit like that

Edited by Mrwhite

I was out today and my friend bent his handlebars quite badly flipping on a huge rock and another lad whos a plumber came up in his van, we used his blow torch and a socket on a extention bar to bend it back into a considerable position and quenched it with some water just so it didnt ruin his day so id well recomend a blow torch in the mix. Odd one but comes in handy

i take a plastic box. in it i have open ended spanners 10/ 12/13/14/15/16 mm allen key set pliers hammer zip ties footpump tyre pressure guage spark plug spanner big adjustable spanner can of fuel. dont take too much as you can never find what you what if you do,

heya,

just been to my first trial, knocked the chain off and realised i didnt have the right tools and had to borrow them!

what tools should i take with me?

thanks

alfie

Take whatever you've got !! Believe me if you leave something at home you'll need it !!

Phil

Take whatever you've got !! Believe me if you leave something at home you'll need it !!

Phil

Particularly spare handlebars! Lever blades handy too. And dare one say spare contact lenses if used?

Agree take what you have got.

Get a small tool box and use it when fettling the bike (this way you know what you have and that it works) and take it with you.

Mole grips, junior hack saw also useful. Spare brake levers front and back, clutch lever, front brake, pads, spare chain. Front tube, dog turds, Tyre levers.

Keep any usable spare you replace such as grips, tensioner pads, mudguards etc that would do to get you to the finish.

Best plan is you have it you won't need it.

And yes spare handle bars with a grip fixed to clutch end