Service with a smile?

02-apr

I'm afraid i just have to get this frustration off my chest. I'll not mention names to avoid embarrassment to TC but..........

Decades ago I used to deal with a supplier of bits and, as often as not, they had to go back as they were either just the wrong thing or fitted so badly.

Now that the management has changed I thought I would try again and have just spent a fair bit of time form filling on their website (which would not let me set up an account to save all this, though the facility to do so was ostensibly there) to get to the final point of payment and find that it is procedure to phone them with card details rather than complete the transaction electronically. What sort of half-ar$$d set up is that?

OK, phone. It's after hours and the answerphone tells me that they are only open Monday to Thursday so I can't complete the transaction until next week, so the chances of having the item in time to fit for the trial are slim.

Things must be better than we thought in the trials world if a supplier can afford to only be available for a half week.

Contrast that with Trialsbits who unfortunately were unable to obtain the item but who lifted the phone well after hours, when I was not really expecting a response, and have processed another order electronically and followed up with e-mails to confirm the situation.

Edited by 2/4

Sounds a bit like a trials company, also not in the North of England, that once sold a rank novice to the sport (me) a Bultaco Sherpa which just happened to have a Pursang engine. I didn't know until

it broke down within a couple of days as the gearbox collapsed. My local club mechanic said it was crap. It had been cobbled up from bits and a motor cross engine.

I got my money back but it caused a fight during a trial a few weeks later.

Sounds like the same crowd who took 8 days to put my purchase in the post because they reckon they had under-quoted on postage to Australia but at same time they still charge the VAT and for several subsequent inquiries when I ask "how much without VAT" they simply don't respond - I am not sure why we can't name them - we certainly name good suppliers so why not do all of our forum members a favour and save others some grief.

Besides if they are outed they then may be forced to pull up their socks or put up the shutters.

Edited by keychange