First Trials Today

zaccyboy

Hi all, Well i entered my first trials today at Consett - Hownsgill Farm, well I was geared up for it,tagged along with another lad to the first section and thats where it all pear shaped lol. I learnt 2 valuable lessons here, 1, spend more time watching riders ride the section and have the bike positioned correctly lol,I did neither of these and that was that lol OFF !! twisted my left knee so that was my entry at trials, but rather than give up I followed the guys around the course and WATCHED..I managed to get an hour and a half on the bike before my knee give up and I was goosed lol. I will try again tomorrow at Rothbury.... this time watching and learning!!! Prior to today I only spend about 2 hours riding over 3 outings on the bike so Im pleased i managed the hour n a half to be honest lol.

Any further advice would be very appreciated guys.

Hi all, Well i entered my first trials today at Consett - Hownsgill Farm, well I was geared up for it,tagged along with another lad to the first section and thats where it all pear shaped lol. I learnt 2 valuable lessons here, 1, spend more time watching riders ride the section and have the bike positioned correctly lol,I did neither of these and that was that lol OFF !! twisted my left knee so that was my entry at trials, but rather than give up I followed the guys around the course and WATCHED..I managed to get an hour and a half on the bike before my knee give up and I was goosed lol. I will try again tomorrow at Rothbury.... this time watching and learning!!! Prior to today I only spend about 2 hours riding over 3 outings on the bike so Im pleased i managed the hour n a half to be honest lol.

Any further advice would be very appreciated guys.

All I would suggest is,take your time and learn at your own pace, don't be afraid to ask the observer to give you a five on a section if you don't fancy it and finally, enjoy yourself!!! It is a fantastic way to spend a weekend !!!

Phil

Hi zaccboy i never rode the consett trial today,just had a walk round with the dog.There were a lot of new faces today so you wernt alone, your first trial can be daunting what with every one watching you,like Pistonbroke said dont be afraid to ask for a five if you think its a bit hard we all have to start somewhere. Just lots of practice & riding time but most of all enjoy it and have a laugh with your mates. am riding tomorro so might see you there. :thumbup: