New 4t Yam

g14gav

I have just seen a picture of what looks like a yamaha 4stroke engine in a new tubular frame with yamaha wrote all over it! It was been ridden by one of the ex world level riders...

Anyone know if this is on it's way or just something someone has thrown together?

I have just seen a picture of what looks like a yamaha 4stroke engine in a new tubular frame with yamaha wrote all over it! It was been ridden by one of the ex world level riders...

Anyone know if this is on it's way or just something someone has thrown together?

Is it not a 250 4t scorpa???? If it was in japan they are labelled as yamaha in the same way as montesa are called Honda over there.

Any chance we can share / see said picture - that would help alot !

Cheers

GAW

kenichi kuroyama (sorry for the spelling!) on at scorpa 4t? think he won the last/latest round of the japanese national championship. If it was a light blue bike, wheels frame and fork legs, i think i saw it too somewhere, perhaps on another website, dare i say it!

Yep Kuroyama's bike may look like a scorpa, But is a special yamaha factory bike, known as a Yamaha TY-S 250f, It is Also the same bike as Nozaki Rides.

Is This the bike that you are refering to?

post-6577-0-99815900-1306965544.jpg

Edited by BenBeta23

Yep Kuroyama's bike may look like a scorpa, But is a special yamaha factory bike, known as a Yamaha TY-S 250f, It is Also the same bike as Nozaki Rides.

Is This the bike that you are refering to?

I'd buy one :)

cheers

why haven't you then?

Because the current ones for peasants like me have that ugly Scorpa petrol tank! The petrol tank and frame on that blue yamaha look beautiful.

Cheers

Like I said earlier, it's just a modified Scorpa, different exhaust system, ohlins shock. Cant see any difference in the frame or the tank??

See hereMy link

The scorpa in your link does look pretty darn good. But I've never seen Scorpas being advertised looking this good:

SY250F_Left_side.jpg

All the 2011 Scorpas I've seen advertised look like this:

JH3.jpg

There's no comparison I reckon, the blue scorpa looks great whereas the orange scorpa looks a bit average. Or have i got my scorpa year models mixed up?

Cheers

so why haven't you bought one?

I really like the look of those 4T Scorpas. They are spot on :) I'm not a fan of the 2T Scorpa look. I am in the market for a 2T bike. I would like to see a 2T Scorpa look like those 4T's. There is still a scorpa dilemma LOL ;)

Cheers

I really like the look of those 4T Scorpas. They are spot on :) I'm not a fan of the 2T Scorpa look. I am in the market for a 2T bike. I would like to see a 2T Scorpa look like those 4T's. There is still a scorpa dilemma LOL ;)

Cheers

excuses excuses is this why scorpa failed?