Customer service with a snarl

keychange

OK we all know Brits aren't renown for their happy disposition or great customer service - although I have nothing but praise for Normam Blakemore at NJB and the guys from tytrials.co.uk - they have been great.

But recently I have been looking to buy a pair of pants and MotoxMatrix (on Ebay) had a range of what I thought were suitable so I contact them via eBay and asked them how much for postage to Australia ... a fair question and I got response from a Suzi quoting 14 quid - no problems the item was listed for 20 days - I took my time and eventually I decided on the pair I wanted and clicked Buy-Now ...... bid rejected!! Tried again...bid rejected .

I sent them a message and they responded "you are on the blocked list we only put people on there if they bid and do not pay? I'm afraid we cannot take you back off" to which I replied "That's ridiculous I requested a quote on postage ... I have never bid with you - I have 133 (eBay) deals 100% positive feedback" - that was last week and no response.

Now it's not that they rejected my bid or incorrectly accused me of bidding and not paying - I am P'd off that they don't have the common courtesy to acknowledge they were wrong - let alone apologise. So I have no qualms about naming them and my advice to all non UK buyers is don't ask MotoMatrix for a quote on postage - I know I won't!

OK we all know Brits aren't renown for their happy disposition or great customer service - although I have nothing but praise for Normam Blakemore at NJB and the guys from tytrials.co.uk - they have been great.

But recently I have been looking to buy a pair of pants and MotoxMatrix (on Ebay) had a range of what I thought were suitable so I contact them via eBay and asked them how much for postage to Australia ... a fair question and I got response from a Suzi quoting 14 quid - no problems the item was listed for 20 days - I took my time and eventually I decided on the pair I wanted and clicked Buy-Now ...... bid rejected!! Tried again...bid rejected .

I sent them a message and they responded "you are on the blocked list we only put people on there if they bid and do not pay? I'm afraid we cannot take you back off" to which I replied "That's ridiculous I requested a quote on postage ... I have never bid with you - I have 133 (eBay) deals 100% positive feedback" - that was last week and no response.

Now it's not that they rejected my bid or incorrectly accused me of bidding and not paying - I am P'd off that they don't have the common courtesy to acknowledge they were wrong - let alone apologise. So I have no qualms about naming them and my advice to all non UK buyers is don't ask MotoMatrix for a quote on postage - I know I won't!

Sounds like they dont deserve your business ! Spend your AUD elsewhere sir !

Not what anyone would expect by way of service, as you said you have have had good service from other 'Pom's' - they are actually the norm here in the motorcyle world - not the exception.

I buy quite a bit of equipment from Australia and find that its a pleasure to do business with Aussies and thats the way it should be both ways !

Maybe take the point up with Ebay with a complaint ?

Edited by Scoobydo

But recently I have been looking to buy a pair of pants and MotoxMatrix (on Ebay)

Andrew

I have never used them and I don't know them but you do have to remember that ebay is not the easiest system to use for selling. Perhaps its ebay to blame and not them.

Just my tuppence worth.

Andrew

I have never used them and I don't know them but you do have to remember that ebay is not the easiest system to use for selling. Perhaps its ebay to blame and not them.

Just my tuppence worth.

Well I have bought a lot and as I say I have a 100% positive feedback and my wife sells stuff all the time and I have never experienced this - but even so all it took was for them to double check and say "oh we are sorry that was a mistake, would you like your pants in red or blue?" ...but they just ignored me and still are ignoring me - and they are a very actibe eBay power seller - obviously doing too well to be bothered with customers

Well I have bought a lot and as I say I have a 100% positive feedback and my wife sells stuff all the time and I have never experienced this - but even so all it took was for them to double check and say "oh we are sorry that was a mistake, would you like your pants in red or blue?" ...but they just ignored me and still are ignoring me - and they are a very actibe eBay power seller - obviously doing too well to be bothered with customers

Hi

Sounds like a very rude company, I sell quite a bit of stuff on ebay that goes to Australia without the slightest problem (so they can't blame ebay)

Most UK traders are happy, genuine people :)