gas gas tx270 is really hard to kick

whatstrials

Any good 270 worth its salt is not going to be an easy kicker. Try bringing slowly to TDC first, just past the compression stage, then give it a good followthrough with the boot.

If it runs normally, all is well!! :rolleyes:

What do u like the premix would be in gallons for 2gallons of gas thanks

1.7 to 1.9 oz. per U.S. Gallon (80/1...70/1) of a full-synthetic premix oil,

like Castrol TTS, seems to work well under most conditions.

Jon

ps. As to the hard starting, you need to look at starting a Trials bike a little different from starting other bikes. Trials engines have, for their size, massive flywheels and it takes a different technique to start them. You need to use body weight rather than leg muscle and jabbing at the kickstart will only result in damage to the kickstart mechanism in most cases (that flywheel will resist turning quickly and the racheting mechanism will take the brunt of the force).

Edited by JSE

My 300 Raga is also a pig to start. It helps using the techniques suggested here, but still it's no fun to do especially when not on solid ground.

What else you can have a look at is the position of the kick on the axle, I fiexed it in a rather a forward position (in rest it would be about 1-2 o'clock I guess). Then when getting the first play out of it, the kick is still in a much upper position and you can have a full stroke to kick.

I also was thinking to try a 1mm cil head spacer kit that exist for these to bring the compression down a bit to ease the starting. I wouldn't mind the bit of powerloss. Not sure if I may expect good result with these?

I had the same reaction when I bought a 320 with a fresh top end. lots of compression for my short little legs. Theres a good yt video on the web on starting trials bikes. It really made a difference for me as I was used to a TY250.

My 300 Raga is also a pig to start. It helps using the techniques suggested here, but still it's no fun to do especially when not on solid ground.

What else you can have a look at is the position of the kick on the axle, I fiexed it in a rather a forward position (in rest it would be about 1-2 o'clock I guess). Then when getting the first play out of it, the kick is still in a much upper position and you can have a full stroke to kick.

I also was thinking to try a 1mm cil head spacer kit that exist for these to bring the compression down a bit to ease the starting. I wouldn't mind the bit of powerloss. Not sure if I may expect good result with these?

Make sure you do NOT change the kicklever position on the Pro bikes, as the footpeg "IS" used as the limiter for how far the lever can go (wrapping up the insides). if you move the lever forward, you can break things internally, according the Snell's video's that come with the PRO trials bikes new. Most all these vids are on YOUTUBE as well, (http://www.youtube.com/user/GASGASinfo). :popcorn: