Crank Puller

mrshells

The Yamaha manual for the TY175 show a specific puller for pulling the crank into the left hand case

does anyone have dimensions or a photograpgh of one

it looks fairly simple to make from the line drawing in the book

but it would be nice to have some measurements

:thumbup:

I think you will find its for pushing the crank out, if you want to make one just measure the two cast in holes that the two screws fit into and put a hole in the middle and tap it for a bolt. put the crank in the freezer and heat the casing and bearing as mentioned and the crank should fall back in...well it did on mine.

I think you will find its for pushing the crank out, if you want to make one just measure the two cast in holes that the two screws fit into and put a hole in the middle and tap it for a bolt. put the crank in the freezer and heat the casing and bearing as mentioned and the crank should fall back in...well it did on mine.

Thanks Andy

but the bearing should be fitted into the case first

then the crank pulled into the bearing

by the book the case should be evenly heated to i think 200 deg

and the bearing frozen then it should drop in

the the crank should be drawn into the bearing

if you put the bearing on the crank then beat it into the case your are actually pressing the outer in to the case using the balls between the inner and outer

I have to make a puller Im getting a bit anal i admit but this little TY is very special to me :)

Thanks Andy

but the bearing should be fitted into the case first

then the crank pulled into the bearing

by the book the case should be evenly heated to i think 200 deg

and the bearing frozen then it should drop in

the the crank should be drawn into the bearing

if you put the bearing on the crank then beat it into the case your are actually pressing the outer in to the case using the balls between the inner and outer

I have to make a puller Im getting a bit anal i admit but this little TY is very special to me :)

I thought that was what Andy had said but in less words?

This tusk tool looks very good,problem is there in the states strangely there don't seem to be anything like it on the uk market.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?webCatId=22&webTypeId=140&navTitle=Tools/Shop&navType=type&prodFamilyId=17166&stockId=143200

now i have a better picture i can make one thanks

Edited by mrshells