Beta rev3 good bike? ?

hitch10

Hi,

No-one's answering and you're clearly in a hurry! Here's my tuppence worth...

I love my Rev3, but all bikes have issues and traits. Regarding how they ride, do you have anything to compare it to:

Here's my thoughts on how they ride:

They are quite 'neutral' and feel much more solid (heavy!) than a gasgas. For me, the front end feels more stable than the gasgas and I can be more accurate where I place the front wheel. The power is smooth, although it varies massively from bike to bike and depending on how they are set up. A mate's 2004 bike was far too soft for me (slow action throttle and flywheel weight), whilst a 2006 bike I rode was a bit sharp. My 2001 bike feels great; smooth, but with plenty of power when you need it. It also has a good deal of 'plonk' so you can leave the clutch alone on greasy uphills and it will find grip.

Regarding reliability and build; there's plenty on here about the 2 major downsides:

Water pump casing corrosion

Stator failures

Both shouldn't happen, but do from time to time. Both will frustrate you and cost cash. Touch wood, neither have happened to my bike! Make sure you use best quality coolant, and keep the stator dry (empty any water after a wet trial or a powerwashing) and keep all electrical connectors in perfect nick and you'll minimise the chance of failure.

With all trials bikes, condition is everything. A bike could be trash within 6 months if used often and hard with poor maintenance. My bike is 10 years old and has needed maintenance, but I do everything it needs and it will last a good while yet. Look for:

Wheel bearings (no more than

...and there are some people who have enjoyed several Beta's and never had a problem?

As mentioned before - keeping things dry after riding / washing does appear to help.

I can only echo the earlier points, buy on condition rather than age. Build quality on Beta is very good - especially when comparing with other makes from that period.

I loved mine and now enjoy a 250 Evo....says it all really.