removal of flywheel nut 245/rear shock shot

davelewis

i wonder if somebody could advise me on the best way to undo the flywheel nut on my fantic 245. The engine is out of the frame. It's extremely tight! Attempting to jam the sprocket didn't work.

also, the rear shock is in poor condition - corrosion on the shaft etc. Is there an aftermarket alternative or a shock from another bike which will fit and do a half decent job?

Thanks all

You can use a early Gas Gas txt shock, its the correct size and very little fettling to fit, got one on mine and is very good and you loose the duo shock remote.

As for your flywheel try using a air tool, spining it fast usually does the trick, or take the head off and piston and put a rod in the small end without bearing ,two bits of wood on each end of rod and jam con rod on downward stroke.

There are two holes in the flywheel to hold it whilst undoing the nut, best thing would be to use them.

Yep, use a bar with 2 holes and bolt to fly wheel, then use your work bench as a 'back-up' to wedge the bar against as you try to slacken the nut. Your weight on the wrench as you try to slacken the nut should keep the engine and bar on the bench.