sherpa 199A barrol

bondy

hello all ive just had my barrol sand blasted i covered both ends with strong duck tape.and ive tryed the bolts that hold the head down.and they seem hard to screw down the threads look ok on the bolts i was told to clean the thread holes out with a air line any ideas please

hello all ive just had my barrol sand blasted i covered both ends with strong duck tape.and ive tryed the bolts that hold the head down.and they seem hard to screw down the threads look ok on the bolts i was told to clean the thread holes out with a air line any ideas please

Just cleaning the threads with air might be not enough, there can be still some debris left of the blasting. I had the same problem with my cylinder. First I tried to cleab them up using brake cleaner sprayed inside the thread holes and then soaked it up again with paper rags. It helped but there was still debris left. I then took some cotten wool wrapped it around a small stick soaked it in WD 40 and then srewed it inside, out again and this worked very good.

Befor remounting the head I applied some grease on to the bolts and nuts then they went really smooth in.

DSC08391.JPG

Just cleaning the threads with air might be not enough, there can be still some debris left of the blasting. I had the same problem with my cylinder. First I tried to cleab them up using brake cleaner sprayed inside the thread holes and then soaked it up again with paper rags. It helped but there was still debris left. I then took some cotten wool wrapped it around a small stick soaked it in WD 40 and then srewed it inside, out again and this worked very good.

Befor remounting the head I applied some grease on to the bolts and nuts then they went really smooth in.

DSC08391.JPG

hello nice engin thanks for the addvice. ive sprayed my cylinder head black would you think it would be ok if i lelft the barrol siver? can you tell me how to put the kick start return spring on?

Painting the cylinder head black, engine body is black too and leave cylinder blasted, Mmm ... well you can give it a try.

The kickstart spring mounting you find here: # 5 and # 6

hi again think ill paint it black might look daft. geting back to the return spring when you put it on do you have to have the shaft winded back so then it will return? cant get me head round it thanks for the sketch.

hi again think ill paint it black might look daft. geting back to the return spring when you put it on do you have to have the shaft winded back so then it will return? cant get me head round it thanks for the sketch.

Black is nice too! Yes you have to trm the kicker shaft about 1/4 backwards otherwise you won't have enough space for mounting the spring.

DSC08007.JPG