The rim broke on the seam

lian

Spokes gradually weakened, and at one point BAM - and I push bike home.

18876072.jpg

18876075.jpg

Return rim to its original state is impossible as long spokes on it (tried, but..).

Spokes rotates with nipples when trying to unscrew them - seems like nipples got rusty inside and outside :(

Tryed WD-40 inside nipple - not helped, clamped spoke with pliers through rubber to increase grip - still rotates with a nipple.

Any other ways to unscrew them?..

I can't buy new pack of them here in my country - do not selling anything related with trials(

Maybe i can use from MX or enduro? Who knows size/diam of spokes and nipples?

But i would prefere use my spokes to return wheel to normal state....

Thanks.

Those spoke nipples look rusty, I have a spare small vice that is not fastened to a bench and clamp it on the spoke but sometimes if they are badly seized they will shear off.

Cheapest option would be to look for a second hand wheel, or if your hub is in good condition you could have it rebuilt with new rim and spokes.

If the rim has broken like that, then there will of clearly been immense forces on not just the rim, but the spokes too - they're not expensive! If you're rebuilding the wheel, it's ALWAYS worth using new spokes and nipples! Even if I have a spoke that keeps going loose, the spoke and nipple are replaced. They're pennies! I cant understand why you'd like to keep the same spokes?

Anyway, if you're rebuilding the wheel, why not go for the DID style rim, with the centre fastening spokes? Much easier!

Anyway, if you're rebuilding the wheel, why not go for the DID style rim, with the centre fastening spokes? Much easier!

That is a front wheel he has broken.

Lian surely you can bring in a set of spokes, nipples and rim, or even a complete wheel from places like Lewisport?