Which Scorpa should I buy ?

ausy300pro

Let us know how you get on ausy300pro :) . Quirky little bikes, not exactly what you want for a world round and not to everyone's taste, but a strong following amongst us lot!

Edited by Archie

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone tell me if the 175 that has appeared on fleabay is the good spec one ? looks like it has damping adjustment on forks, I thought all the good late ones were yellow and black, again any info much appreciated.

item number is 260836178951 (don't know how to put links into message text)

Not entirely sure, especially when the seller says he has upgraded the front brake.

My 2007 racing spec bike has as standard a four pot front calliper, my fork yokes are also billet machined tripple clamps, totally unlike the yokes on the bike for sale.

can anyone tell me if the 175 that has appeared on fleabay is the good spec one ? looks like it has damping adjustment on forks, I thought all the good late ones were yellow and black, again any info much appreciated.

item number is 260836178951 (don't know how to put links into message text)

Looks to me to be pretty much a stock 2006 model... at the end of the day it is a five year old, air-cooled trials bike, so it's hardly going to be cutting edge compared to the latest crop of trials bikes - but that's not the point, it will be a hoot to own and ride regardless of the spec?

I'd snap it up at that price, and would have, but there is no mention of it being road registered, which is what I'd want... (with the original factory now defunct, I understand it is harder/if not impossible to get a letter of authentication for the engine and chassis numbers for older Scorpas - something you might want to consider?)

Jx

Thanks for comments re bike for sale, got info back from vendor, it is just a standard 143cc bike, I appreciate comment about five year old air cooled four stroke but it is not the version I want so would not be happy buying it, if I do get one (was advised against it at west leeds trial yesterday) then I will want the 200 racing version or not at all.

One thing is for sure ausy300pro, if you do buy yourself a 163cc racing version (that includes the 2007/8 175 models) and then find you don't get on with it, you'll certainly have no trouble selling it.

Edited by Archie

Thanks for comments re bike for sale, got info back from vendor, it is just a standard 143cc bike, I appreciate comment about five year old air cooled four stroke but it is not the version I want so would not be happy buying it, if I do get one (was advised against it at west leeds trial yesterday) then I will want the 200 racing version or not at all.

That's fair enough - there was a '08 200 on ebay a couple of weeks ago, think it went for the best part of

That said a friend of mine has had both the 125 and 175 version of the earlier bike, and he was surprised how much better the 143cc version was (power wise) than the 125 - he said it seriously impressed him and other riders just how capable it was

Jx

Agreed. Mine was the 143cc version, and totally blew me away regarding what it was able to do. I think it was one of those great lessons on learning how to "ride" versus getting lazy by depending on an overpower bike to make up for your lack of planning. By no means saying that the bike in on par with my 2011 Beta, but it was very capable, enjoyable bike. Perfect for a more casual rider.

I had that 2008 200 saved in my watched items. Seems the link is still live. Check it out, seriously nice bike, copy and paste this link into your browser (you have to scroll down a bit to find it). This is a proper "Racing" version. Check the fork yolks out compared to the bike which was discussed earlier. I know which I would rather have ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230649924764?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Edited by Archie