Which Scorpa should I buy ?

ausy300pro

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have said, I could be tempted by one like that.... :rolleyes:

I agree - perfect spec really... but you very rarely see them that recent - not sure how many were even imported to the UK in that spec? (the seller said he imported that one himself)

...and it wasn't road registered, otherwise it would have been mine!

Jx

• 1 month later...

Well, I got myself one, mine is a 163cc (cylinder stamped 200 ??!!) racing spec one with the 250 type suspension and the magura hydraulic clutch, also road registered and came with a long ride seat and spare tank and front mudguard (both in blue so if I ever get the inclination to change colour I am all set !) rode it first time at weekend, was very happy with it, gonna have a look at carb and see what has been done to it as I have a bit of the old tlr cough stall problem, I would have thought this would not happen as carb appears to have an accelerator pump on it, anyone else have this cough stall problem ? also anyone know where you can get the Mitani front pipe (is it still available anywhere?) as mine is a bit rusty and would prefer a new one rather than blast and paint the exisiting one.

thanks for any help.

also how can I tell if flywheel has been lightened, is it a matter of taking it off and weighing it ? what flywheel extractor do I need.

Edited by ausy300pro

• 3 weeks later...

stripped carb and as I suspected problems with accelerator pump someone has bodged it with wrong spring, it is so strong it would never be able to operate diaphragm through vacuum, so need to source correct strength spring and if possible diaphragm, anyone had to do this before, where did you get parts and any idea what the carb model is.

Thanks again (hoping)

• 8 months later...

I'm a newb - actually a pre-newb since I don't have a bike yet - but this thread has relevance to me because I recently had a chance to purchase a late model SY 200F. It had a long ride seat and was in pretty good condition, even had a electric stater installed (the battery was up where the number plate would have gone - funky). But the guy's best price was $4750 (~ £3080) So I passed. Was that a mistake? I've gone back and forth about it but I just thought it was too much to pay even if they don't make them any more and my chances of ever seeing another one for sale are next to nil here in the US. Alas.

Thoughts?

BTW, a 2002 Scorpa SY250 has just come up for sale locally with the asking price of $2995 (~ £1942). These things ain't cheap! As a starter bike would the 250 make me forget about that 200?

I'm a newb - actually a pre-newb since I don't have a bike yet - but this thread has relevance to me because I recently had a chance to purchase a late model SY 200F. It had a long ride seat and was in pretty good condition, even had a electric stater installed (the battery was up where the number plate would have gone - funky). But the guy's best price was $4750 (~ £3080) So I passed. Was that a mistake? I've gone back and forth about it but I just thought it was too much to pay even if they don't make them any more and my chances of ever seeing another one for sale are next to nil here in the US. Alas.

Thoughts?

BTW, a 2002 Scorpa SY250 has just come up for sale locally with the asking price of $2995 (~ £1942). These things ain't cheap! As a starter bike would the 250 make me forget about that 200?

Yeah, that's a bit much for both bikes. That is way to much for the 02', I got an 07' cheaper than that last year, although I know I stole mine. I'd definitely say keep looking, you'll find a good one eventually.