Bradford Next Trial This Weekend

telecat

Does not seem that they like bad publicity as I cannot leave any remarks on the News page. Won't be attending as they made such a mess of the Kinsey Trial. If James Lampkin cannot get up a section what chance does a "B" class? Perhaps the organisers of the Hawkstone trial should have asked a more "professional club" than Bradford. I notice that their amendment to the Yorkshire Centre rules was SO popular nobody would even second it (even their own club). Left another clubs official out on a limb with no support. Get co operation with the clubs in centre and they may stop "cheesing" them off!

Telecat, I have never known anyone deliberately make a poor trial.

Its very easy to get it wrong on the day. What looked easy when laying out can be the opposite when its ridden. The sections you put in to sort out the top lads is very difficult to judge. I have got it wrong many times but I try again next time because someone has too.

There isn,t a big queue of people waiting to offer to run a trial so perhaps you could offer your valuable services next time rather than slag off clubs who provide your sport.

I thought this section of the forum was here for you to give feedback on trials. Not to air personal grievances.

Those who do nothing are the only ones who do nothing wrong. But nothing gets done!

Mark T

I agree with you Mark, but then Telecat also has a point. I think he is pointing out where the organisers went wrong, so they can improve the next time. Afterall without feedback from the riders how can you know where you have gone wrong? I know when I help set out sections I always like to know from the riders whether I have got it right or not, and if I have got it slightly to easy/difficult I can balance it up the next time..... :)

Lloyd

It's one thing to express a considered opinion about a trial, it's quite another to question the competency of a club based on a single event. The Lampkins obviously have no doubt about the Bradford club's ability to organise and run a world class event and by posting such an ill-considered attack you're implying that both they and Jake Miller are unprofessional as well.

Timp is right on the money: Sections that are easy in the dry can become practically impossible following even a short shower. I wasn't there so I didn't see the sections myself but no-one is forcing anyone to attempt a section that they think is dangerous or impossibly difficult. Take a five and move on.

If you feel that your concerns were genuine, the correct course of action would have been to discuss it with the clerk of the course but if at least a few clubman competitors were at least footing through for a 3, I don't see why any kind of concession should be made to those who failed. If it was as tough as you suggest, everyone else was in the same boat so it's I'd guess that it's unlikely it had any significant effect on the overall results.

Clubs almost always welcome constructive criticism. Such ill-informed and ridiculously extrapolative ranting doesn't serve any purpose at all.

It's one thing to express a considered opinion about a trial, it's quite another to question the competency of a club based on a single event. The Lampkins obviously have no doubt about the Bradford club's ability to organise and run a world class event and by posting such an ill-considered attack you're implying that both they and Jake Miller are unprofessional as well.

Timp is right on the money: Sections that are easy in the dry can become practically impossible following even a short shower. I wasn't there so I didn't see the sections myself but no-one is forcing anyone to attempt a section that they think is dangerous or impossibly difficult. Take a five and move on.

If you feel that your concerns were genuine, the correct course of action would have been to discuss it with the clerk of the course but if at least a few clubman competitors were at least footing through for a 3, I don't see why any kind of concession should be made to those who failed. If it was as tough as you suggest, everyone else was in the same boat so it's I'd guess that it's unlikely it had any significant effect on the overall results.

Clubs almost always welcome constructive criticism. Such ill-informed and ridiculously extrapolative ranting doesn't serve any purpose at all.

My Apologies Andy I'll be more careful next time. As for the weather? All the riders I spoke to did say that the venue would ride the way it did "at this time of year". Another quote was that the venue was a "Great venue when its dry". As for Hawkstone I think you'll find that they are not organising the trial merely supplying officials.......

Telecat,

Regarding Hawkstone, you are right in a way, we are organising the officials and a few other "small" jobs. (That are on a BIG list) We are not organising the whole trial.

That is down to Jake and Martin. (we are NOT professionals)

How can a club propose and second an ammendment to the Centre rules?

As for leaving "another club's official out on a limb" that needs more clarification!

As for "cheesing" any body/any club that is not my or the clubs intention. All we want to do is look after the sport and enable growth.

Seems you have a downer on BDMC, you did not like the way we ran the Boxing Day trial, you stated we could NOT run it legally, WE DID, (would you like to read the poll taken re scoring rules?) you did not enjoy the KIlnsey trial, yes the sections did turn out to be a bit tough. however only 1 section was not cleaned.

"I" will glady refund your entry fee for the KIlnsey trial, just remind me of your rider number ! (not too hard to work out) :-)

I and the club could always do with some help section plotting, flag making, regs printing/distributing. visits to land owners, planning permission, banking, answering the phone at midnight, liasing with the ACU, YDNP, English Hertitage, DEFRA, instructing riders how to fill in entry forms, telling them which course they should ride, chasing bounced cheques, collecting litter, car park duties, working out the scores, changing some riders nappies etc, so please do come along and help sometime.

You will be most welcome as you don't wish to ride our trials!

You may not want to ride Sunday so why not help out by observing?

As you WELL know we are not a "professional" club, just the same as clubs all over the country/world, just normal folk who DO have other things in their life such as work and family to think of.

As for not liking bad publicity, nobody really does, however I aint seen none yet. Riders have a bad day and its a cr*p trial, riders have a good day and its a brilliant trial. Sunshine: Great Trial, Rain/Cold: bl**dy awful trial!

Should you wish to contact me with any complaints/comments please feel free to do so.

My tel number and address is in the Yorkshire Centre Handbook.

I myself do not ride but am involved with the sport because I want to, because I ENJOY it, comments like yours can only put off people who may be thinking of getting involved in the organisation side of things from "trying" to help.

It is hard enough to get new commited members to help with the organising side of things without comments like yours.

As I have said contact me if you so wish, to try and help get the "BAD Bradford" out of your system!

Stuart

sec Bradford & Dist MC :);)

Well said Staurt.

I personally don't think its right to get at the voluteers, there best interests are for the sport.

There does seem to be a number of unhappy people out there with quite abit to say. The ones who whinge are normally the ones who have little understanding of the work involved in a trial, or thats what I seem to of found.

If more riders got involved in organising, it would be an education for them. I think I have learn't more organising trials than going to school!

If Bradford Club wish to put on hard events so be it, other clubs do the same but there are plenty of easy trials throughout the country.

As for the Hawkstone Park round, may of been to hard for most but are we not testing the top lads and lasses?

As for Hawkstone I think you'll find that they are not organising the trial merely supplying officials.......

Quite right, my bad. But I stand by my statement that if they're good enough for L&M Promotions...

Professionalism is an attitude and does not necessarily imply a profession!

As for the Hawkstone Park round, may of been to hard for most but are we not testing the top lads and lasses?

Errrmm... hasn't happened yet. Or am I misunderstanding you?

I am one of the volunteers and don't ride myself! However looking at this weekends trial perhaps advertising it as a Club trial in TMX, Restricted on the Website and Centre in the results doesn't help much does it!