locking wire

bondy

hi ive just put a new primary chain on whats the best wire to use for the wight nut? ive got thin locking wire for the clutch. but thats to thin. the wire i took off was thicker ive got some garden wire witch is gavanisd i tryd it today but it snap when i was twistin itny addvice would be greatfull :thumbup:

hi ive just put a new primary chain on whats the best wire to use for the wight nut? ive got thin locking wire for the clutch. but thats to thin. the wire i took off was thicker ive got some garden wire witch is gavanisd i tryd it today but it snap when i was twistin itny addvice would be greatfull :thumbup:

As you have already found out any garden wire stuff has not the right strength and flexibility you will need. I take safty wire from KTM but I think every stainless steel safty wire will work.

To the thickness of the wire and the clutch:

I used one wire and leaded it through the holes of the nuts just two times to be safty the nuts will not turn around.

This worked very well:

DSC08629.JPG

As you have already found out any garden wire stuff has not the right strength and flexibility you will need. I take safty wire from KTM but I think every stainless steel safty wire will work.

To the thickness of the wire and the clutch:

I used one wire and leaded it through the holes of the nuts just two times to be safty the nuts will not turn around.

This worked very well:

DSC08629.JPG

hi ive got wire for the clutch plats would it be ok for the nut on the weight if i

doubbeld it? allso the nuts on the clutch your are on the end. ive got new fiber plats in mine i had to take mine in about four threds is this ok? the clutch was fine no drag and neutral was easy to get whent it was running

hi ive got wire for the clutch plats would it be ok for the nut on the weight if i

doubbeld it? allso the nuts on the clutch your are on the end. ive got new fiber plats in mine i had to take mine in about four threds is this ok? the clutch was fine no drag and neutral was easy to get whent it was running

Here a pic from the manual, as you see they did not use very special or thick material either.

Demontage%252520Schwungrad%25252002.jpg

I dom't had any hole in the nut to safty or lock wire the flywheel weight. Here a pic when I took the clutch cover away. When I got the bike the seller stated he never wrenched on the bike, because he has two left hands when it comes to technical maintance. (which must have been true, every bolt and nut was original and untouched.).

Kupplung%252520Sherpa%252520199a.JPG

The original wiring of the clutch wasn't very aesthetic or in any systematical order.

I wrapped the end of the wires after drilling a little bit around the second wire just to get sure it will not move due to centrifugal force.

The wire just holds the nut in place nothing more, if it is made out of stainless steal, St 1.4571 of V4A, the strengh should be around 600N/mm

Edited by PSchrauber