beta evo petrol

millerme

i have a 2010 beta 290 evo that i have had for about a month and when i ride the bike it sound like the engine is pinkin a bit what grade petrol are you to use. as i use standard unleaded or would i need to use super unleaded as i have read before on the sherco topics that it does make a difference to the pinkin also does any body know what grage of gear box oil i should use

i have a 2010 beta 290 evo that i have had for about a month and when i ride the bike it sound like the engine is pinkin a bit what grade petrol are you to use. as i use standard unleaded or would i need to use super unleaded as i have read before on the sherco topics that it does make a difference to the pinkin also does any body know what grage of gear box oil i should use

Only use super unleaded, in mine. Recalling back to my Montesa 315 days, where mixing 50:50 super to 108 racing fuel was critical. After that, I have never considered anything less than super unleaded, for all my trials bikes. Just felt happy I didn't have to go through finding race fuel.

Gearbox wise, I use Castrol MTX, which is 80W, and it works excellent. Really progressive clutch engagement, no drag, etc.