What Bike For What Money!

james111089

Hi,i would maybe look for a Beta Techno, they are good solid bikes and i have seen some nice ones at trials.If you are not sure what to look for in a used machine then take someone with you who is, they will be able to check out the condition of the bike and if any work needs doing assess how much time and money is involved.

You will get a good 97/98 techno for your kind of money, Good bullet proof bikes and still very up to the challenge of todays trials. I just sold my 97 techno after 3 trouble free years :)

Edited by oceanvibe

i like them to been lightly used and not hammerd like some bikes but its a bit hard to tell on ebay unless you view them, i mite think of a techno as u guys seem to rate them well.

Any more advise on what to look out for on them would be nice weak spots.

James

Try and go as recent as posible, avoid the old scorpas they are heavy and outdated, A Techno would be OK, best bet would be 2000 gasgas 250 good suspension and exellent power delivery!!

If it was me the condition of the bike would be more important than the age. Think of the cost of changing 'consumables' like brake pads, fork seals, wheel bearings, chain & sprockets - here you are probaby talking of upwards of

Edited by g4321