Gas gas 2012

trialnick

eg: 2011 Raga has the new suspension linkage, chain guard etc that are now featured on the 2012 pro model

That is what I understood, also note I'm not getting "official" information, just hearsay or web rumblings mostly...

that is what is so wierd/dumb, they were going to try to call this years Raga the 2012, but then word was "they cant call it a 2012, becuase it is being produced in 2011".... :icon_salut:

but OH HELL, :banana2: the 2012's you have now are built in 2011, so round and round it goes.

I thought it would make more sense, to call the "PROTOTYPE Raga's by the year of production bike they will represent. So IMHO this years Raga, should been refered to as the Raga Prototype 2012. Then, the words Raga/Prototype would then Inherently mean, not only special, but early production/delivery

But then I see it could goof people up on all the previous raga years/models.

Ah, Oh well, I guess... Probably talking to myself too much, LOL.

That is what I understood, also note I'm not getting "official" information, just hearsay or web rumblings mostly...

that is what is so wierd/dumb, they were going to try to call this years Raga the 2012, but then word was "they cant call it a 2012, becuase it is being produced in 2011".... :icon_salut:

but OH HELL, :banana2: the 2012's you have now are built in 2011, so round and round it goes.

I thought it would make more sense, to call the "PROTOTYPE Raga's by the year of production bike they will represent. So IMHO this years Raga, should been refered to as the Raga Prototype 2012. Then, the words Raga/Prototype would then Inherently mean, not only special, but early production/delivery

But then I see it could goof people up on all the previous raga years/models.

Ah, Oh well, I guess... Probably talking to myself too much, LOL.

My guess ( a total one at that ) would be possibly related to depreciation. I know I would have been p****d off if I bought a Raga bike every year and then suddenly my current bike is now 2 years old! Many would think it wouldn't effect resale, but I would beg to differ. At the very least, I know I wouldnt want to have to explain it to people trying to buy the bike. "but really - its only been ridden on Sundays and its one year old..."

Bikes have to be produced after 1st July 2011 (in Spain) to qualify as 2012 models. Raga's are produced in May hence their 2011 nomenclature. GG Spain and all GG importers would prefer to call them 2012's but are bound by production date.

Bikes have to be produced after 1st July 2011 (in Spain) to qualify as 2012 models. Raga's are produced in May hence their 2011 nomenclature. GG Spain and all GG importers would prefer to call them 2012's but are bound by production date.

Thank YOU, for clearing that up for me, at least.

• 4 weeks later...

Yea we are behind here in the states. My 2011/12 Raga 300 did not arrive until mid September. The first shipment of 2012 Pros had already made it to England by then.

I added to the delay by badly breaking a finger working in the garage just before the bike arrived and spent 3 weeks staring at the bike in the garage with my forearm, wrist and fingers twisted up at odd angles still in a cast. I have had three rides in now with the cast off and the suspension is already broken in nicely by ride three.

The motor is much smoother than the new OSSA which I have ridden back to back against the Raga 300 and much easier to start. Heck the Raga started on the first kick after having sat for 2 weeks without one kick in the garage.

Dealer installed one step larger pilot jet before delivery. He said they are a bit lean from the factory.

Can definitely tell the difference in steering angle when compared to the 2011 pro that I test rode and I find the extra turning angle useful... but as someone else mentioned, nothing compares to the turning angle of the beta.

The suspension is great now and will perhaps get a bit better with more riding and break in.

The clutch is butter smooth. Best clutch on any bike I have ever felt. 2011 pro clutch was nice when I test rode.

Still has the AJP cylinder as others mentioned and I did have to back bleed it after the third ride since I was losing pressure from the master cylinder. This was a bit disappointing for a new bike. I am told that they had manufacturing problems, bits of aluminum left in cylinder on some parts, that then scratch the cylinder bore. I will have to keep an eye on mine and get it changed out under warranty if needed. I practice ride with the local So. Cal. dealer of Gasgas, OSSA and Beta so I get pretty good dealer support!

The bike looks even better in person than in the photos. I had to install all of the the protective plastic bits since I am pretty good at banging things up. It was a shame to cover up those beautiful forks.

Super smooth motor and excellent suspension make for a great bike that I have yet to take full advantage of since I am now working stiffness out of wrist and fingers from the time in the cast. But it turns out that riding the bike is perfect stretching exercise for the tight tendons. I need to tell my job that Doctor's orders are for me to take some days off for "Therapy" exercise.

Edited by dbell