TY175 Air box

ausy300pro

Has anyone made a new air box for the 175 ? I am building a majesty and would like a new air box, original is supposed to be too small in volume and must admit it does seem a small volume especially if engine is asked to do more, i.e. 200cc ported etc etc.

Has anyone made a new air box for the 175 ? I am building a majesty and would like a new air box, original is supposed to be too small in volume and must admit it does seem a small volume especially if engine is asked to do more, i.e. 200cc ported etc etc.

if you check on the history there is some info on one that I made some years back and photos. It was made out of fibre glass and had a top filter like on the ty250 mono, and the carb to air box is straight in to aid flow. Still fitted and works well. Bit of a pain to make though.

just found a link CLICK HERE

Edited by Andy.T

Quick fix,

Bash out the lower mounting pressing with a big socket, it is spot welded in place.

use a filter from a Montesa 315R mounted upside down on top of airbox.

Hold in place with alloy sheet cut to fit and the four original screws.

works pretty well.

Try Craig Mawlam for big volume majesty box.

HI that is ok and may improve flow but what you really want/need is a bigger volume air box so that the engine is consistently breathing through a stable air supply which only a larger volume air box can provide, has anyone made such a thing, as far as I can see not much room to increase volume without a complicated fabrication job, if anyone makes such a thing let me know (i.e. whoever it was that made up a fibreglass one did you keep the mould ?) Thanks

HI that is ok and may improve flow but what you really want/need is a bigger volume air box so that the engine is consistently breathing through a stable air supply which only a larger volume air box can provide, has anyone made such a thing, as far as I can see not much room to increase volume without a complicated fabrication job, if anyone makes such a thing let me know (i.e. whoever it was that made up a fibreglass one did you keep the mould ?) Thanks

When I made the air box it was done around a cardboard mould covered in duct tape. I then repeatedly placed on layers of fibre glass on the outside, the cardboard was pulled out and then just finished off the box where required. The box its self was not to bad to make the aluminium section to hold the filter was a bit of trial and error. I did think about knocking more out but didn't think for the time they take it would be worth it. Perhaps I should give it some more thought though if I thought there was a potential market.