Pre 65 trials in Scotland

broony

Sold my Scorpa(another story),but next year when project C15

gets finished its all I will have to ride at Scottish trials.

Was observing yesterday at Monzie with Perth and District and

a couple of the officials told me that they run a few events

suited for Pre 65's so might give them a go next year.

cheers the noo Brian

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sold my Scorpa(another story),but next year when project C15

gets finished its all I will have to ride at Scottish trials.

Was observing yesterday at Monzie with Perth and District and

a couple of the officials told me that they run a few events

suited for Pre 65's so might give them a go next year.

cheers the noo Brian

Keep us all informed as to developments on the C15 Brian :thumbup:

barnie ive been on about that for at least 15 yrs now. you have to do a minimum of say 5 pre 65 trials and you get an automatic entry in the scottish, scots iam talking about.if they dont they go in the ballot beside everyone else.i have a c/to/c this sunday and got sections perfect for pre65 and i wont probably get one.will get a few t/shocks and they cost about the same to run as i have found out.

Willie, I just had a look at the TC events calendar and don't think your event is listed, might be wrong.

If people don't know about it they will probably go to the Dalmelington/Stevenson one that is listed.

Ross

Don't know if I'll go to either as have a late night on Sat.

Edited by B40RT

barnie ive been on about that for at least 15 yrs now. you have to do a minimum of say 5 pre 65 trials and you get an automatic entry in the scottish, scots iam talking about.if they dont they go in the ballot beside everyone else.i have a c/to/c this sunday and got sections perfect for pre65 and i wont probably get one.will get a few t/shocks and they cost about the same to run as i have found out.

Please dont shoot me down in flames because i think your idea is great and should definately be adopted however why should it just apply to Scotland? Are we not a United Kingdom so shouldnt that also apply to England, Wales and Northern Ireland ?

OTF will keep you posted on the progress of the C15(I suggested a

while ago about a in the shed forum where owners could post

their projects).At the moment its half a rolling chassis.

I would love to do the Pre 65 one day but my original post

was due to the lack of Pre 65 competing in Scotland and its went

a wee bit a stray.Definitely a good idea about doing so many events

in the year to get a chance of competing at the Pre 65.

cheers the noo Brian

its on the sacu web site ross.it should (maybe) apply to the hole of the uk old trial fanatic but its not up to us its up to E&D.

I realise that :thumbup: just commenting that it was a good idea in the first place and would also be a good idea if applied to the whole uk. As you say it's E&D's trial and they will do whatever they like. Still shouldnt stop free disscussion amongst trials enthusiasts though should it? This is a discussion forum after all. Nice to have a topic that doesnt degenerate into a slagging match and that has produced a positive and constructive outcome. May never be adopted but it's a good idea and i wish i had thought of it.

7 rounds of the scottish championship.if the clubs had more pre65 entrys iam sure they would make the sections to accomedate them more.

I think it would help if there was a seperate class and award for pre 65 in Scotland. We have the championship but it's lumped in with the twinshocks. They need to be able to compete like for like and not against the likes of Alan Crayk, Neil Dawson & Brian Nichol on very capable twinshocks. Also the class runs with the schoolboy classes which affects the style of sections. Maybe the support championship could cater for the over 40's, Twin shock, pre 65 and clubman championships and the Schoolboys could run with the experts and sportsmen. Don't know how that would affect the numbers though.