broony

Looks like its a nation wide problem,judging

by other posts.Some sort of Scottish Championship

would make sense,surely the sacu along with the big

clubs could sort something out.Half a dozen rounds

over the year would be ideal.Ian hope the Cubs no

too bad.

cheers the noo Brian

We tried that down here the East Midlands Centre ACU Classic Championship but the last two rounds which we happened to host has 0 riders in the Pre65 Expert class and 1 rider in the clubmans class. Now it could be argued that Pre65 riders are put off because there is also a class for Twinshocks, also poorly supoported with just a handful of riders over two classes, and Pre95 Air Cooled Monos, again just a couple of riders on the Clubman route with 0 Experts bothering, but i dont for the life of me know why. Of course there's the cost of traveling arguement but i would think that would affect you guys in Scotland more than us here because though it may only be a reasonable distance as the Haggis flys it is a long way round by road to some venues in Scotland. Great for the eyes and the soul but harsh on the wallet.

Good luck if the decision is to go ahead with a Scottish Championship but it didnt take off round here. Only series that seems to get much support is the Northern British Bike Rounds sponsored by PJ1 but they all include road work so perhaps thats the key? Multi venue long single lap road based trials for British Bikes only. Worth bearing in mind. good luck anyway. :thumbup:

Edited by Old trials fanatic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps an easy answer to the lack of entries in the pre65 class would be the requirement for entry to the scottish 2day require scottish riders to have entered in a minimum number of local trials, say 10?. this would also save a lot of scottish riders moaning about knockbacks. jimmy morton rides my cub in abot 20 trials ovr the year and still manages a good number of modern trials as well.

perhaps an easy answer to the lack of entries in the pre65 class would be the requirement for entry to the scottish 2day require scottish riders to have entered in a minimum number of local trials, say 10?. this would also save a lot of scottish riders moaning about knockbacks. jimmy morton rides my cub in abot 20 trials ovr the year and still manages a good number of modern trials as well.

Very very very good idea. It would aslso be a good idea if they adopted the same rule for ALL riders in the Pre65 Scottish wherever they come from. It really gets up peoples nose that riders get an entry for the Pre65 and it's the only Pre65 ride they do all year and then it's on someone elses bike while other riders who ride Pre65 at least every month cant get a look in for the "once a year boys". Sorry you nearly got me on my Scottish Pre65 soap box :chairfall: . It's a great idea barnie but i somehow see vested interest not getting it adopted.

Very very very good idea. It would aslso be a good idea if they adopted the same rule for ALL riders in the Pre65 Scottish wherever they come from.

Hats off to OTF for volunteering for this immense task. Are you going to collate the entries for every single rider on pre-65 bikes ?

I would suggest that it is a condition of entering the pre-65 Scottish, that riders have to register with yourself the year before to minimize your task. You would obviously have to check all results to verify riders claims. Much easier with the new fangeled tinternet.

Just a thought, but would you have to check the bikes to validate their pre-65ness ? That might make your job a bit easier having excluded more than a few.

Might need to brush up on your French, Spanish, German, Danish etc

Edited by B40RT

Hats off to OTF for volunteering for this immense task. Are you going to collate the entries for every single rider on pre-65 bikes ?

I would suggest that it is a condition of entering the pre-65 Scottish, that riders have to register with yourself the year before to minimize your task. You would obviously have to check all results to verify riders claims. Much easier with the new fangeled tinternet.

Just a thought, but would you have to check the bikes to validate their pre-65ness ? That might make your job a bit easier having excluded more than a few.

Might need to brush up on your French, Spanish, German, Danish etc

There you go off again what is it about you guys North of the Boarder? Obviously you are all doing such a perfect job of everything that there nothing but nothing that could ever be improved so nobody should ever make a suggestion in any form whatsoever that may ever be possibly interpretated as questioning even if by a miniscule amount what ever happens at the scottish pre65. Pardon me for ever doing anything but bowing and scraping whilst tugging my forelock to honour your combined greatness. That better?

What i was eluding to was to agree with barnies post which infered that entrants should have ridden at least some pre65 trials in the run up to the scottish. Why is that such a hanious comment? Why should that be so impossible? I would be perfectly willing to provide, it's on our website anyway, confirmation that riders had ridden in pre65 class on what ever dates at our trials if required. What is so difficult about that? The details are also on the internet for the East Midlands Centre ACU Classic Championship with dates and venues and i am sure other centres have the same. What is so difficult about that? The Northern British Bike Rounds have full details available including dates and placings and i am sure other Classic Championships have similar. What is so difficult about that? The Sammy Miller Championship details and Championship standings are also freely available. What is so difficult about that? I would as a club secretary be perfectly happy to vouch that our Championship standings back up a riders validation and i am sure the club secretarys of any other club would do likewise. What is so difficult about that?

Why do you always have to be so quick to jump on your high horse when anybody, or is it just me, tries to make a constructive suggestion? All the organisers would have to do is request corroboration that a rider has ridden in pre65 trials classes however many times the organisers would like. The rider would supply this along with the photos the organisers currently require to access eligebility. What is so difficult about that even if you live in Europe? Dont tell me they dont have pre65 trials because they do!

Lets not forget, if you just want to use the oportunity to have a go at me then feel free, the original post was about the lack of entries currently of pre65 bikes at trials in scotland over the whole year and barnie made a perfectly valid suggestion that might help and all i was trying to do was applaud his foresight.

Pre65 is suffering, with a few exceptions, in england too and if barnies suggestion was given some consideration then it might go some way to help pre65 entries everywhere.

I suppose you dont agree that it's fair that someone who only rides the scottish pre65 gets preference over somebody who rides pre65 all year?

Whatever!

Long answer to a short question - but who is going to collate this information ?

Incidental, I was speaking to barnie last weekend while riding a standard twin shock at a Scottish Classic trial, does that get me any brownie points.

Edited by B40RT

Long answer to a short question - who is going to collate this information ?

If you read my long answer why should anybody have to. The rider submits photos of the bike already along with his entry form and he should enclose written proof of riding in pre65 classes which he can print off club or championships websites. When a decision is made as to his entry somebody surely reads the current paperwork so all that is required is check proof of competing and tick elegability. Then off to the ballot unless the rider is already preselected. Dont see whats so hard about that? Dont see why it would even make more than 30 seconds more work per rider to read the corroboration. So why would anybody have to collate the information when it would be the entrants responsibility to provide it as they already have to provide photos etc?

It's a principle thing do you think riders in the pre65 scottish should be riders who support pre65 trials by riding in them all year? Either you do or you dont but i reiterate as barnies suggestion it might help club entries north and south of the great divide. That last bit was meant as a humourous comment BTW

Edited by Old trials fanatic

OTF, really I'm not having a go at you, I've been reading your other topic and sympathize with organizers trying to be all things to all riders.

It is slightly different north of the border, we have a much smaller pool of riders spread over a fairly large area. This obviously makes it harder for the organisers to lay out a pre65 / twin shock / modern event.

The multi route section has been devised to try and compensate, sometime more successfully than others.

This is where my grip about (dare I say it)cheat re-engineered bikes come in, the sections gravitate towards taking marks from the re-engineered bikes, making these trial less appealing to more standard/authentic bikes. I have been riding and enjoying trials on my SWM, but would be interested in a back to back comparison with some of the pre-65 James/Cubs etc kicking about. Just a thought, but might explain my lack of enthusiasm for a points system for entry qualification to the pre-65.

Ross

Edited by B40RT

What about if when sending your entry in for the Pre 65 Scottish you sent five, or however many, copies of results, showing you were a regular rider. This in itself would discourage straight away the riders OTF mentions. It would take seconds to check and verify.

Further to this for what its worth, Pre 65 entrants to trials in France are in deep decline, the twinshock is the one everybody wants to ride now... only the die hards ride and you can count them on one hand...

Hi Guy's

Look OTF, take it easy and don't rise to the bait.

Your health is more important, than One event for works of engineering art.

Dont you realise that it takes twelve months to hide and develop the next years mods? that is why the bikes are out of commision for this lengh of time. What you need to do is save up for a house offshore, if you realy want a ride in the event!!! :banana2: :banana2:

Regards Charlie.

Hi Guy's

Look OTF, take it easy and don't rise to the bait.

Your health is more important, than One event for works of engineering art.

Dont you realise that it takes twelve months to hide and develop the next years mods? that is why the bikes are out of commision for this lengh of time. What you need to do is save up for a house offshore, if you realy want a ride in the event!!! :banana2: :banana2:

Regards Charlie.

Cant i borrow one of yours? :rotfl:

PERHAPS THE ANSWER IS FOR SCOTS WANTING TO ENTER THE TWO DAY AT KINLOCHLEVEN HAVING HAD TO DO A MINIMUM NUMBER OF SCOTTISH ONE DAY EVENTS. THAT WOULD SAVE ANNE AND THE REST OF HER COMMITTEE HAVING MOANS ABOUT NOT GETTING AN ENTRY. WHEN YOU HAVE AN APPLICATION OF ABOUT FORTY SCOTS, AND SO FEW TURN OUT FOR REALLY GOOD ONE DAY EVENTS, THEY DO NOT REALLY HAVE A JUSTIFIABLE MOAN