Who Trail Rides their 4RT?

doogle

So after 20 years of always having a trials bike, I decided to sell it and put the money towards a road bike which I now have and am loving. I also have a trail bike, and the reason for selling the trials bike was that to be honest I enjoyed riding my trail bike more, and had become a little tired of trials after so long. This was probably due to the cost in time and money of living in the south and spending hours in the van driving to trials up north, as they are the ones I would enjoy the most. Anyway to cut a long story short I am now missing my trials bike. I am still loving riding the trail bike but only getting away on that a few times a year. So I have been thinking of a plan. I can't afford a 3rd bike so thought about selling the trail bike and buying a 4RT (

So my questions/concerns are as follows

Does anyone do this?

Can you carry enough fuel for 100 miles in the saddle? Hebo tank, 2x 1 litre fuel bottles?

What gearing/adjustments do you make for trail riding?

Will trail riding on the 4RT be challenging enough. (the more tecnical the trail riding the better as far as I am concerned, but in 15 years of trail riding I have yet to come across a byway, orpa or ucr that wouldn't be a breeze on a trials bike and am worried I may bet bored)

Is this really a practical option?

Will I be worried about it getting nicked when I go in the pub for lunch whilst trail riding?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Alternatively I could wait a few months and buy a

So after 20 years of always having a trials bike, I decided to sell it and put the money towards a road bike which I now have and am loving. I also have a trail bike, and the reason for selling the trials bike was that to be honest I enjoyed riding my trail bike more, and had become a little tired of trials after so long. This was probably due to the cost in time and money of living in the south and spending hours in the van driving to trials up north, as they are the ones I would enjoy the most. Anyway to cut a long story short I am now missing my trials bike. I am still loving riding the trail bike but only getting away on that a few times a year. So I have been thinking of a plan. I can't afford a 3rd bike so thought about selling the trail bike and buying a 4RT (