Greeves scottish price?

monty_jon

If he was happy then best not to worry.

I have a sailboat to give away at the moment I am sure it be worth a fortune to someone (whom I cannot find) but an additinal parking space is worth more to me at the moment.

Probably every biker has a story of a bike they regret selling.

There are also an annoying lot of people with stories to tell about bargains they got.

On a good day that bike I would expect to go for

it was about right. for normality anyway. suprised it went for that on evilbay though.

there are some seriously mad people who pay way over the odds for things.

i do suspect there is some "friends bidding up" going on. but you can spot these a mile away.

with that you'll need to spend another grand or so to make it anything like competative.

but then you'd have something custom to you.

Edited by minislim

it was about right. for normality anyway. suprised it went for that on evilbay though.

there are some seriously mad people who pay way over the odds for things.

i do suspect there is some "friends bidding up" going on. but you can spot these a mile away.

with that you'll need to spend another grand or so to make it anything like competative.

but then you'd have something custom to you.

Competative, you want to see me ride

Must admit i have noticed a sense of "normality" returning to prices lately. Not everything mind as certain Marques are still attracting stupid money but even those, Majestys Hondas CCM etc, are not attracting the telephone numbers that they did even 6 months ago. Perhaps the recession/depression does have a silver lining ? assuming you have any spare cash which a lot dont. Somehow though i dont think these bikes will ever be ridden in competition just that money if youve got it isnt earning bu66er all in the bank so people are "investing" in Classic Bikes. Good if you want one bad if youre having to sell one. Thats the free market economy for you :chairfall:

Hi Guy's.

Hi OTF.

A Bike is as much as you want to pay for it!

I know I would sooner have bikes about, that I can look at, touch, and ride (ocasionaly). And know that they are there.

If you have money in the bank, Do you know if it is going to be there next week? Or even the Bank??? :thumbup: (OK you know I build a few as well) :banana2:

Regards Charlie.

As for my dad selling the greeves he wanted the money for his next project, which is well on the way to being finished, he is putting a C15 together and just wanted some extra cash, that and my mam said he had to sell some bikes so the first one went(the greeves) and i think he is selling one of his Bantams,as he has a few of them lol

if he gets round to selling a Bantam he might advertise it on here

• 3 weeks later...