New bike ?

durham4416

Depends on the condition of it really, but 1k is a good price I would say. Certainly fair. Statues can pack up on the rev 3's and corrosion inside the water pump casing so look for sign of leaks from there. Good bikes though. I had an 04 a few year back and liked it.

Thanks for the reply, is there anything else I should look for? Cheers James

Be very careful that it runs cleanly, as mentioned above, the 2004 Rev3's had a terrible reputation for faulty stators, I had a new 250 in 04 (and also a 200 for the lad) and the 250 had two stators replaced under warranty!

Yeah Pete sums it up in more detail than I could of. Don't get too worried about the stator if it's running fine, as I had my 04 from new for 3 years and never had a problem. Water pump housing did go which Lampkins replaced even though it was out of warranty. And although a lot of stators did go a lot didn't. But at that price like Pete says it could be a bail and you could end up spending another

I'm going to see it tomorrow, do I just need to make sure it revs cleanly, are there any giveaways when the stators on it's way out? Also where do I look to see if the water pumps leaking? Would I be better off with a sherco? Cheers James

With any 7 year old trials bike... Buy by condition!! Any of the top five (Gas Gas, Sherco, Scorpa, Beta or Montesa) could be a baragin for

Just got a text so say he has sold it, I had arranged to go, he said his dads got a rev3 270cc for the same money so I'm gunna have a look at that but I did fancy the other one, nevermind

I have a rev 3 and I really like it, but I would pay more to get an Evo, to me it seems like low speed balance is easier on an Evo

Well I ended up getting his dads, 2003 rev3, just had all bearings replaced and a little controller for the fan, had a little go and everything seems fine, totally standard apart from him putting grease nipples on the hubs and other bearings, I'll get some pics up later :)