gasgas mazzorki forks

casperrasper

hi .i have put new seals in my 40mm mazzorki forks off 08 raga ..i put 5w oil in 160m air gap ,on right leg i put 80m in the cartridge then filled leg to 160 air gap .i had both legs fully down with no springs .didnt no how to bleed them .built them up ,only thing is they now top out at end of travel can anyone help ...cheers ...casper....

Havent done marzocchi but the procedure should be the same with other kayaba WP forks.

You should have pumped the inner cartridge up and down afew times and add more oil before closing them up.

By pumping up and down the stroke of the inner cartridge you bleed the air out and force oil in,check the oil level again when the cartridge has resistance all along its travel,then you know its done properly.

Also remember to put your settings all out otherwise too much resistance when doing the procedure.

Forks topping out now cos no damping,valving is moving in air instead of oil.

Hope this helps!

Havent done marzocchi but the procedure should be the same with other kayaba WP forks.

You should have pumped the inner cartridge up and down afew times and add more oil before closing them up.

By pumping up and down the stroke of the inner cartridge you bleed the air out and force oil in,check the oil level again when the cartridge has resistance all along its travel,then you know its done properly.

Also remember to put your settings all out otherwise too much resistance when doing the procedure.

Forks topping out now cos no damping,valving is moving in air instead of oil.

Hope this helps!

cheers for that... do i pump the small rod inside with the adjuster screw on it or .do i keep that pushed down and use the outer bit what that is sat in ?

I filled mine to an air space of 100mm and kept pumping the damper rod and the fork leg untill the level would'nt drop any more then syringed out the oil to 160mm level.

ok im just a bit confused wich bit is classed as damp rod ,is it the rod with the adjuster on or the piece what the top cap screws on ..thanks for your help ..

You need to unscrew the damping adjustment all the way out then pull it and the aluminum rod that is connected to it all the way out. Be careful because there is a o-ring on the very end on it that makes it difficult when pulling past the threads and that rod is very easy to bend. Fill up fork tube with oil then push/submerge the damping rod. Make sure all the air is out then reinstall the adjustment rod being very careful pushing the o-ring past the threaded hole. I hope I explained so you understand it. Good luck

I have had my Marzocci`s apart for seal and oil change a couple of times, but its a pain in the a.... every time, an all found descriptions seems confusing.

If anybody could make a detailed howto on these with pictures and all i am sure many GasGas owners will be happy! :D

-Jan (who is about to do his Marzocci`s again soon..)