feels like tyre slip

trial_master

I have been out on my 07 290 today and it has developed a fault since last weekend. From standstill on slow speed when I go to wheelie it feels like the wheel spins within the tyre about 5cm. I marked the tyre in line with the rim to test this and it did not move so its not the tyre slipping. The chain is the correct tension. The engine is running sweet.

Anyone have any ideas?

Clutch plates could be reaching the end of their life.

Check if it's worse when it's a cold engine?

Best of balance.

Neo

Yea, kinda what I was thinking, or depending upon how it has been used, possibly some well worn grooves in the clutch basket. What came to mind, anyway! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replys. Yes its when using the clutch from low speed. I cannot comment on the cold engine part as I was only pottering around for the first 10 minutes warming myself and the bike up.

I only changed the oil 2 rides ago and it ran perfectly before and after the oil change so i have ruled that out.

I will have a look at the clutch at some point this week. Gives me chance to check out the water pump too.

Anyother thoughts before I order a new gasket?