tubles or inertube

bondy

hi guys ive just got a gas gas 250 pro 210 would the tyres be tubles? and the littel screw on the fork nuts or they for leting the air out? and how often do i release the air? thanks bondy

Front tire is tube-type, rear tire is tubeless and forks should be bled just before an event (forks extended completely).

Jon

Front tire is tube-type, rear tire is tubeless and forks should be bled just before an event (forks extended completely).

Jon

hi john so if i get a puncher in the rear how do i fix it? is it same as a car got to get it pluged?

You don't have to let the air out of your forks, only if you want maximum performance from them.

Jon

Hmm.. had Marzoccis for several years. Never ever bled them... But I guess the screw is there for a reason..

OK.. I want maximum performance, how do I bleed? Just open the screw, or is there some pumping involved?

-Jan

Hmm.. had Marzoccis for several years. Never ever bled them... But I guess the screw is there for a reason..

OK.. I want maximum performance, how do I bleed? Just open the screw, or is there some pumping involved?

-Jan

Open the screw with the forks extended or add a bleeder to the fork cap.

Jon

Maybe I should explain a little further. When you set the suspension damping, you want the forks to perform as consistantly and predictably as possible. Pressure buildup in the forks during operation (pressure normally the case) will alter the compression/rebound response. Fork seals, due to their design, tend to act as a one-way valve, and to a certain degree, allow air to enter the lower tube and not allow it to exit. As a consequence, your fork action will probably be a little different ("harsher", some may describe) from the cool morning to the warmer afternoon for example.

There are other variables, such as fluid temperature and material thermal expansion that change fork action, but adding fork bleeders will allow you to eliminate a variable, which is usually a good idea. I run bleeders on all my forks and check them now and then, it only takes a second.

Shock seals are another animal and require high pressure to seal well, per their design.

Edited by JSE

To get back to bondy's original question, I believe the screws he is referring to are nothing to do with bleeding the forks (when did anyone last bleed their forks?) but are the suspension adjustment screws. The right side (as sat on the bike)adjusts the spring pre-load and the left side adjusts the damping.