Wheres The Sherco 4t?

james111089

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love to have one, but my lad's next (not for a 4t, but that's not a bad idea). How do you reckon an 8 year old could handle one? 

Maybe something with a little less power would be better. Like a 4rt maybe  :D

Just when you were starting to redeem yourself :unsure:

Love to have one, but my lad's next (not for a 4t, but that's not a bad idea). How do you reckon an 8 year old could handle one? 

Maybe something with a little less power would be better. Like a 4rt maybe  :D

Just when you were starting to redeem yourself :unsure:

That's what I was worried about

No fun in redemption :hl:

Had a bit of a go on the 4t today. Felt very much like my 290 as far as handling. I would have to sort out the starting technique I think. Quite enjoyed the feel of the bike, but didn't get chance to try out any big sections.

Had intended having a good go after the trial, but I was away with the conducted route and after 5 and a half hours riding they finally gave in and went back to the start to find everyone else had gone home.

One of the experts riding it today, so will be interesting to see how he liked it. I'll find out.

One of the experts riding it today, so will be interesting to see how he liked it. I'll find out.

I was riding round with him part of the time and he said he liked it lot - said his usual bike is a 290.

Ahhhhh Woody - Just seen the results. Wondering who the CWAC bloke was.

It all comes together now :unsure:

I didn't see much of the adult trial today. Simon's been on form recently and doesn't seem to have affected him too much changing over to ride the 4t first time today.

Yes, not exactly my 'home' club which is Stafford Auto, but had to join CWAC for an enduro back in January.

Out of touch now with modern trials in Mid Wales centre so don't know Simon. Looks a handy rider. Two sections today where you were a 3 or a 5 if you couldn't trick ride and he looked pretty useful there. Seemed to have no problem tricking the 4T around and said it was light as a feather. I on the other hand was having to learn trick riding as I went - was almost starting to almost get the hang of it at the end.... :unsure: 4RT is pretty easy to ponce about on too - if you know what you're doing. Didn't see it give him any starting problems, it seemed to fire up without any problems.

It's pretty quiet, sounds very 'airboxy' if that makes sense, almost strangled, but looks like it performs well. Didn't have a ride on it myself but I know Simon didn't like the 4RT when he tried one. Sound it makes reminds me of how the 450 KTM sounds before an aftermarket pipe is fitted.

Still can't believe what a tidy job they've made of putting such a tall engine into that frame. Couldn't spot the 4T from the 2 stroke until right up close.

Edited by Woody