Classic trials events in east anglia or nearby

john479

Hi all, I'm new on here so I hope this is the right place for this.

I've been trail riding for the past year on my 1973 Honda SL125 but have also been messing around doing the odd bit of trial riding. It's something that I really do like doing but I can't force myself to sell my SL to buy a more trial orientated bike. I know that the turning circle is a bit more limited than say then TL125 and the foot pegs are slightly lower that trial bikes but what the heck :rotfl:

Does anyone know of any trial events in or around East Anglia that cater for classic/twinshock bikes that I could enter for. Would really like to put my hand to a bit of competitive riding :blush:

Thanks very much,

John

Hi there

There is a good friendly Pre70/twinshock scene in the Eastern Centre , The EFA (Eastern Fourstroke Association ) are the club to join. This coming Sunday (the 27th ) why not pop along to Thorrington to watch the Thumpers (the EFA's premier event of the year). Other than that several clubs in the area Southend DMCC (my own club) included run easy routes that are suitable for Pre70/twinshock riders.

Hopefully see you around one day

Stephen

Hi, and welcome.

You might also want to check out Dabbers. They are an AMCA club and run trials aimed at beginners and riders of older and less competetive bikes. The events are extremely friendly and would be ideal for your steed. They do get very heavily oversubscribed though (a sign they are doing something right!).

Website is here:

http://www.dabberstrialsclub.co.uk/

Well worth a visit even if you're not riding.

Good luck

Graham

Thanks,

I've dropped an email to both clubs. It seems that all the clubs that I know of who deal with older bikes are really friendly. I've done a couple of classic enduros and they have been very friendly.

I really like the look of Dabbers, and they're locations for the courses aren't that far at all (I'm in Bury). Hopefully will be going to an event soon :)

John

Thanks,

I've dropped an email to both clubs. It seems that all the clubs that I know of who deal with older bikes are really friendly. I've done a couple of classic enduros and they have been very friendly.

I really like the look of Dabbers, and they're locations for the courses aren't that far at all (I'm in Bury). Hopefully will be going to an event soon :)

John

Dabbers is a very good club but the entries are way over subscribed and if you dont entery on the day the entry opens you wont get in.

Norwich Vikings is another good club although catering for modern stuff it also runs t/s class and easy route to suit all classes of rider.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm new on here so I hope this is the right place for this.

I've been trail riding for the past year on my 1973 Honda SL125 but have also been messing around doing the odd bit of trial riding. It's something that I really do like doing but I can't force myself to sell my SL to buy a more trial orientated bike. I know that the turning circle is a bit more limited than say then TL125 and the foot pegs are slightly lower that trial bikes but what the heck :rotfl:

Does anyone know of any trial events in or around East Anglia that cater for classic/twinshock bikes that I could enter for. Would really like to put my hand to a bit of competitive riding :blush:

Thanks very much,

John

Hi John,

Just to let you know the Eastern Fourstroke Association run trials under the ACU and AMCA (as the Anglia Classic Trials Club) and our next trial is at Boxford, along the Ipswich/Sudbury road, on Dec 11th. This trial is under the AMCA and therefore when you sign on & pay the entry fee you become a member of the club (ACTC) for the day, no need to join the club before hand. This trial, as is the majority of our trials, is open to Pre70 and Twinshock bikes and the easy route should be ideal for your SL. Have a look at our website for a bit more insite into the Eastern Fourstroke Association - My link

I can also confirm the Dabbers run some excellent trials in your area as well.

Did you get to the Thumpers?

All the best,

Chris.

Hi John,

Just to let you know the Eastern Fourstroke Association run trials under the ACU and AMCA (as the Anglia Classic Trials Club) and our next trial is at Boxford, along the Ipswich/Sudbury road, on Dec 11th. This trial is under the AMCA and therefore when you sign on & pay the entry fee you become a member of the club (ACTC) for the day, no need to join the club before hand. This trial, as is the majority of our trials, is open to Pre70 and Twinshock bikes and the easy route should be ideal for your SL. Have a look at our website for a bit more insite into the Eastern Fourstroke Association - My link

I can also confirm the Dabbers run some excellent trials in your area as well.

Did you get to the Thumpers?

All the best,

Chris.

Hi Chris,

I will try and get to the trial on the 11th but will see how things go. I still need to get a trials helmet as I think my dirt bike helmet will look a bit out of place at a trials event. I also need to try and get the lowest gearing I can get on my bike. Still geared for the road at the moment.

The plan was to go to the Thumpers meet and I was planning on riding my bike there but as it turned out I didn't have it finished (I've done a new top end and other bits and bobs) so I ended up working on that for the day.

Hoping to venture out soon though, all being well.

Thanks for the info.

John