Aberfeldy Highland 2 day trial 1982

slogger

Myself and my brother were very fortunate to compete in the 5th Annual Aberfeldy 2 day trial on the 17th and 18th July 1982 on the year when they allowed a youth class. As well as a fantastic experience for 2 young teens (we lived in Bristol so a trip to Scotland was just incredible) it was one of those competitions that was a great learning excercise. The event was held by the Forfar and District Motor Club Ltd

Last week my brother showed me a copy of the original program with the adult and youth listings but we are unable to track down a set of the results. If anyone has a copy (I know its a long shot), it would be really appreciated.

Many thanks, great to see the results again!

Was it a separate route for inters and seniors ? I really cant remember as I was only 37 ???

GREAT TO SEE THE RESULTS, ARE YOU WINDING ME UP ???????

Not if your G Quinn it isnt, national debut at 14 finished last with a maximum score on day 1. I have kept that a secret all these years and then this happens, my dad still thinks I won !

It was a fantastic weekend, I was having my 21st at the 1989 edition of the event but it was cancelled as the wainwright clashed in England and there were not enough entries. A real shame, it was a fantastic trial.

Clink I owe you a poke in the eye with very sharp stick.....

Edited by Baldilocks

Shut up Dicky

With the no stop debate in full swing hopefuly nobody will notice this.....

see Kevin Dignan on there as well

At no point did I make reference to your finishing position!!!

Was just checking it was the same David Leather I knew!

Steve Thackery, Eddie Aitken and Alistair Dalton still ride but theres a few North East names on there who we dont see anymore.