2005 4RT - worth it?

trialtrial

So there is a used 2005 4RT for sale - looks in pretty decent shape - not sure of the hours though. I have a GG 2000 TXT280 and like it a lot, but its really worn out. I am new to trials bike (been riding enduro) but absolutely love it for the highly technical trails we have out here. For a newbie I understand that a remapping would be in order. And perhaps the clutch might need to be changed out.

But were the 2005s and OK year for the 4RT? Anything I should watch for?

And to make matters worse - there is a 2008 Beta Rev 4T for about the same price. *sigh*

thanks

Don

Edited by TrialTrial

So there is a used 2005 4RT for sale - looks in pretty decent shape - not sure of the hours though. I have a GG 2000 TXT280 and like it a lot, but its really worn out. I am new to trials bike (been riding enduro) but absolutely love it for the highly technical trails we have out here. For a newbie I understand that a remapping would be in order. And perhaps the clutch might need to be changed out.

But were the 2005s and OK year for the 4RT? Anything I should watch for?

And to make matters worse - there is a 2008 Beta Rev 4T for about the same price. *sigh*

thanks

Don

I Had a new 2005 4RT when they came out, changed gearing on the back sprocket and thats it dont mess about with anything else, just ride and enjoy.

Both work well as "long ride" bikes with the Beta the Better all round Trials bike as it's a bit softer and easier to Trial. There is a couple of Photos of a converted Beta Here.

The Montesa has better outright power and overall is a better long distance bike. Similar kit to that on the Pictured Beta is also available.