fuel

bondy

hi all im not sure if i put this no hear before. im new to the gas gas anyway the bike wont be used till next spring ive got ibt of fuel in the tank i was gonner run it about once a week would i be beter off draing the fuel off .and just leaving it?

hi all im not sure if i put this no hear before. im new to the gas gas anyway the bike wont be used till next spring ive got ibt of fuel in the tank i was gonner run it about once a week would i be beter off draing the fuel off .and just leaving it?

Just leave it in there TBH.

If you're going to start it once a week it will be fine, although I'd recommend actually leaving it running for a fair bit of time to warm up and ideally you should look to ride it around a little as this will heat all the engine / gearbox oil and fluids, keep the clutch working, the suspension moving and smooth and the tryes round (they'll probably deflate and go square on the section of tyre its sat on if left that long)

If you cant do that then I'd say at least pump the tyres up and if possible between starting it, wrap it up in an old blanket etc - show it some TLC while it sleeps :closedeyes:

Just leave it in there TBH.

If you're going to start it once a week it will be fine, although I'd recommend actually leaving it running for a fair bit of time to warm up and ideally you should look to ride it around a little as this will heat all the engine / gearbox oil and fluids, keep the clutch working, the suspension moving and smooth and the tryes round (they'll probably deflate and go square on the section of tyre its sat on if left that long)

If you cant do that then I'd say at least pump the tyres up and if possible between starting it, wrap it up in an old blanket etc - show it some TLC while it sleeps :closedeyes:

[/quote hi i keep it in the house were its nice .and dry ive just got a new stand to sit it on so this will keep the wheels off the ground cheers bondy :thumbup:

Edited by bondy

Unless you're going to run it properly and get it up to a good temperature to drive out the condensation then you are better not to bother. You will also probably not be a***d sometimes (too cold/snowy to be standing out doing that?) and if you leave petrol in the carb too long you will find a solid gunge developing which takes a hell of a getting rid of. Take it from me you only let that happen once, I had twin carbs to deal with and it took a few strips and cleans before they were right.

Drain the carb - it's only a screw turn after all.

Unless you're going to run it properly and get it up to a good temperature to drive out the condensation then you are better not to bother. You will also probably not be a***d sometimes (too cold/snowy to be standing out doing that?) and if you leave petrol in the carb too long you will find a solid gunge developing which takes a hell of a getting rid of. Take it from me you only let that happen once, I had twin carbs to deal with and it took a few strips and cleans before they were right.

Drain the carb - it's only a screw turn after all.

They sell fuel stabilizer in the shops, which may well help, otherwise best to drain not only the carb but the system!