2011 evo carb breather/overflow tubes.....

hugh_b

Hi everyone,

removed my carb for the first time on my 2011 beta evo 250 yesterday to give it a check over/clean.

I noticed the breather hose on the choke/exhaust side has a chunk missing about 2 inches up from the end. To me, it looked as though something had rubbed and caused the hole but after readings a few things i'm now questioning as to weather or not the cut out was intentional?

I have trimmed it back to this point and re-assembled but i'm now worried it may have an effect on performance if this was in fact intentional.

What is the purpose of the pipe running from the exhaust/choke side on the carb and does anyone elses 2011 evo have the same cut out or wear mark?

Thanks

Hugh

Edited by hugh_b

The cut is to prevent a siphon effect to stop fuel flowing non stop. They should be close to the carb side of the tube The cut lets air in the tube and stops the fuel from siphoning. One outlet is an over flow the other is a breather.

Edited by Duggan

Thanks for that. I found the little piece that i cut off the end with the cut out. On closer inspection i would say the hole has been intentionally cut about 1-2 inches up from the bottom.

Purchased a new hose, feel like a wally for cutting it off now! :rolleyes: See pic below:

photo.jpg

If you have the remaining section you can just cut a new hole and re fit, the hose being a few inches shorter won't make a difference. The hose is only there to direct any lost fuel. Lots of people run without any fitted, everything runs the same without, there's just more chance of getting water in when washing the bike etc.