Pre 65 Scottish 2012

wallo

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son and I are two of the "lucky" ones from Wales getting a ride. I met up with Dick Sutton today who informed me that he had been to "The Scottish" every year for 58 years - must be some sort of a record. However he may not get there this year as he is awaiting a knee operation. Quite a remarkable gent as he is still trail riding in his "eighties"

My son and I are two of the "lucky" ones from Wales getting a ride. I met up with Dick Sutton today who informed me that he had been to "The Scottish" every year for 58 years - must be some sort of a record. However he may not get there this year as he is awaiting a knee operation. Quite a remarkable gent as he is still trail riding in his "eighties"

Are you on Bantams??? :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guy's.

Thought you may like to see my Scott Ellis Replica frame. This is it.

Woody, The frame that Scott used to win the Experts,was like my copy,Tiger Cub bolt on sub frame. The frame he used before that Was BSA and had the pinched in seat down tubes.

Edit To reply to Woody.

Regards Charlie.

Lovely. Is it for a Cub or a BSA engine?

Edited by Esteve

Hi Guy's.

Hi Steve,

The engine is a BSA C15 "F" type the same as Scott used to win the British Experts in 1965,

It also has the timing side bearing convertion that was done on the works bikes about this time.

I am just rebuilding the engine with new to me crankcases that are better than the ones I started with. You can follow the build up of three C15 engines on my www.bsaotter.com web site.

:thumbup:

Regards Charlie.