Inline fuel filter

airborn

I added one to my bike as I was getting junk in my idle circuit way too often. It is somewhat hard to find the really small filters that used to be common - most of the newer filters for lawn equipment have gotten to be too big for a trials bike. I did find some small filters and bought several to stock up....and they seem to help as I have not had any problems since adding it.

I added one to my bike as I was getting junk in my idle circuit way too often. It is somewhat hard to find the really small filters that used to be common - most of the newer filters for lawn equipment have gotten to be too big for a trials bike. I did find some small filters and bought several to stock up....and they seem to help as I have not had any problems since adding it.

I like the clear, in-line, cone-shaped sintered bronze filters and use them on every bike. Keeping in mind the disk filters on the carb work for small birds and rocks, it takes an additional filter to keep out grit than can easily clog a pilot jet that has a .014" hole in it. You would be surprized at the gunge than forms at the bottom of storage tanks and old gas cans.

Jon

HOW MUCH?

I'd just get an inline filter!

i know but when you take into account 2 quads, 2 trials bikes and 3 outboards all running petrol all year then in tear down time alone it makes it worth it to me, let alone 4 miles out to sea with the wife and kids on board!!

Filtering fuel before it goes into the tank is all well and good but remember that the tank needs to breathe! Particulates from the atmosphere will be drawn into the tank in the same sort of manner as they are drawn into the carb via induction. On that subject, crap in the carb might have got there from through your air filter and not through you fuel line?

So, filter the fuel going in the tank, filter the fuel from the tank to the carb and make sure your air filter is clean and oiled.

Do all these and I'll bet you'll still find something in your carb when (if) you service it!

The joys of the infernal combustion engine, live with it, deal with it and enjoy it :D Regular servicing is a must (wives and girlfriends also fall into this category).

GJ :wacko: