More Bike Protection

scorpion

after the great input on the fork protection, is there any protection made for a rev '3 swingarm, I know they did for the techno , but on lampkins drawing of the rev I cant see any, any DIY specialities you've done would be great cheers all. mick.

Thick, clear vinyl is probably your best bet for the swingarm. It's surprisingly resilient and will protect the metal from all but the most severe impacts. It looks tatty pretty quickly but is easily (and cheaply!) replaced.

My Rev-3 has a lot of wear on the swingarm about 1/3 of the way down. Not impact damage, the kind of wear that you see on the frame from boots rubbing etc. but as far as I can tell(!), no part of me rubs on the swingarm (except when it's lying on top of me which happens disturbingly frequently). I've seen similar wear marks on other Betas. Where does it come from?!?

I've seen similar wear marks on other Betas. Where does it come from?!?

It's from the heels of your boots :( would be surprised how much you move on the pegs.

Were currently getting some vinyl swingare and fork decals made up for all current models once we have them back i'll stick up some pictures up for you to have a gander.

Clean your swing arm, then sticker it up then cover it with some good quality clear coating plastic. Works great and lasts quite a long time, and because the stickers are coated aswell they will stay looking new. ;) Take your time when putting on the plastic coating so that it doesn't start lifting at the edges :D

Another good way to do it if you dont mind how your bike looks is to get an old inner tube and cut it so it fits around your swing arm then cable tie it on :(

Edited by Heathy

Guest coflet
What did you use to do that with coflet ? Looks alright .....

Its a thick heatshrink used by BT to seal underground joints in cables, you will have to know a BT engineer to get some :(