ARIEL HT5

huffysgas

Advice greatfully recieved Iam in the middle of a belt drive conversion with an neb clutch was wondering how to seal the crankcase do i need to machine a seal holder and run the seal on a hardened sleeve or can i just fit a main bearing with a an internal seal , also I have got a 24 tooth front pulley but reaslise some people run a 22 so they can fir a smaller rear sprocket , thanks Jim ( sometimes easier to ask than work it out )

I'm interested to know how you get on with the NEB clutch,the Norton clutch on my HT is just about knackered and I'd considered an NEB one.Two riders whom I respect as riders and engineers told me that they are not too hot on a trials bike as they were designed for speedway use and are a bit too fierce in action,they both said the Norton clutch is a better bet.

I'm interested to know how you get on with the NEB clutch,the Norton clutch on my HT is just about knackered and I'd considered an NEB one.Two riders whom I respect as riders and engineers told me that they are not too hot on a trials bike as they were designed for speedway use and are a bit too fierce in action,they both said the Norton clutch is a better bet

Hi jon you may be right iam starting with no clutch at all and know a few lads who run them with no probs at all one uses just 3 of the six springs and the other uses 6 springs with 2 plates missing . I suppose they are only as harsh as the user ? will keep you posted

Gday, I reckon you will need to use a proper seal in a holder. Sealed bearings wont work too well as an oil seal. Use a speedy sleeve as a seal surface on the crank.

Cheers,

Stork

Thanks stork was considering the sealed bearing as i know someone who dosn,t run one at all ! but think i will sleeve it and fit a proper seal holder thanks jim

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested to know how you get on with the NEB clutch,the Norton clutch on my HT is just about knackered and I'd considered an NEB one.Two riders whom I respect as riders and engineers told me that they are not too hot on a trials bike as they were designed for speedway use and are a bit too fierce in action,they both said the Norton clutch is a better bet.

Tricky micky will put you right on clutches jon :thumbup:

Tricky micky will put you right on clutches jon :thumbup:

Yea, it needs something.... Poor old thing is still going,just done a Golden Valley on it today.People seem to like seeing it around,ask lots of questions about it - but its nothing special,just an old shed.

The piggybank is going to Telford with me so who knows what I might come back with. :thumbup:

Yea, it needs something.... Poor old thing is still going,just done a Golden Valley on it today.People seem to like seeing it around,ask lots of questions about it - but its nothing special,just an old shed.

The piggybank is going to Telford with me so who knows what I might come back with. :thumbup:

Hello Jon, I did the GV trial, asked a couple of people if you were there no one knew. I didn't think you were there until I saw results, you must have kept under the radar on that big thing..... some of the bangers were at the Talmag... May see you at Telford. :thumbup: (Get it spent)

Hello Jon, I did the GV trial, asked a couple of people if you were there no one knew. I didn't think you were there until I saw results, you must have kept under the radar on that big thing..... some of the bangers were at the Talmag... May see you at Telford. :thumbup: (Get it spent)

Yea, I was there alright - I was robbed ! given a five on S2 for the third lap - should have been a clean,a one and a clean.Made no odds,the only other ugly git in my class didnt finish.And I just opened the results for last weekends VMCC trial,I beat him there too !(He is just rubbish and I have no shame in mocking him horribly - at any oppertunity)

Spawtydawg was there too at the GV trial,but I didnt get to natter to him either.I spent most of the trial playing with the pilot air screw to get it spot on.(Supplied by Billetparts.co.uk)

Be interesting to see what tempts me at Telford,I've just found a brand new pair of shocks that will do what I'm after trying on my Ht,forgot I had them - so thats one less thing to buy. :rolleyes: