a little help please

lewisallen

hello everyone, iv decided that im going to enter trials events in the uk this year. could someone tell me how i go about entering events please. here are a few questions:

what do i need in order to enter events?? heard something about acu lisence, do i need one??

do you need to insure the bike?

and what equipment do you have to have,boots,body armour,what type of helmet?

thanks lewis :thumbup:

go along to watch a local trial if you go half hour before the start you should be able to see trial organiser (where riders fill the paper work out before trial ) ask for a form to join and ask about the acu it is possible to download from some clubs websites you cant get the acu liscience untill you get a number from the club (i think )or the club will forward the paperwork on for you ,you will need a trials type helmet not skater or pushbike or potholing type you can get away with a motocross type been a biginner but not the best for trials ,gloves will be handy lol,some water proofs can be good light weight as you will get a sweat on if carrying too much weight as per said there is a fee per trial around 12 to 15 pounds ,dont need bike insurance ,some kind of amour knee and elbow again light wouldnt go a miss for a brginner ,its best to take some tools and a pump if poss

go along to watch a local trial if you go half hour before the start you should be able to see trial organiser (where riders fill the paper work out before trial ) ask for a form to join and ask about the acu it is possible to download from some clubs websites you cant get the acu liscience untill you get a number from the club (i think )or the club will forward the paperwork on for you ,you will need a trials type helmet not skater or pushbike or potholing type you can get away with a motocross type been a biginner but not the best for trials ,gloves will be handy lol,some water proofs can be good light weight as you will get a sweat on if carrying too much weight as per said there is a fee per trial around 12 to 15 pounds ,dont need bike insurance ,some kind of amour knee and elbow again light wouldnt go a miss for a brginner ,its best to take some tools and a pump if poss

thanks mate, iv managed to get on the acu site and im applying for a lisence now, iv got a motocross helmet currently but only because i had a pit bike before, looking to get a trials one soon and some boots before the next trial.soo all i need is an acu lisence?? obviously the gear, and then when i arrive at the gates do i fill out forms there to enter the trial on the day or do u have to apply via post or email before hand?