New 4Rt Owner

bikeng

Any reason for wanting a ally side stand -I think the Mitani ones are nice but recall a lot of money.

STD stands work ok at a fraction of the cost and leave enough change for a years riding!

I guess weight is the issue really and it's hanging directly on the swingarm so unsprung. The idea of a light alloy one appeals.

Ah, so that's Mitani. I'd seen pictures, but no idea who made it.

Why is it so long?

It's so long because it tucks in nicely but when extended it goes away from the bike further, which makes it very stable compared to the stock stand.

• 2 weeks later...

.........it really is a huge improvement over Honda's rubbish effort :rolleyes:

With respect, I would suggest the stand is down to Montesa manufacturing and not Honda.

Whatever, it is a rubbish stand though. Even as new it almost collapses forward.

With respect, I would suggest the stand is down to Montesa manufacturing and not Honda.

Whatever, it is a rubbish stand though. Even as new it almost collapses forward.

True you are correct :thumbup:

But if you have a welder and a little spare time it is an easy fix to make it functional

No need now, I have the Mitani..............which is what Montesa should have done on the 315's and 4RT's in the first place :rolleyes:

Edited by Johnnyboxer

True you are correct :thumbup:

No need now, I have the Mitani..............which is what Montesa should have done on the 315's and 4RT's in the first place :rolleyes:

Let's see it then Johnnyb :popcorn: :icon

Edited by JJ65