Oxy-Acetelene

davetom

If you have a set of bottles but,like me, you don't have any paperwork for them,HSS hire will exchange them without any questions! I've just emptied my acetelene after about 20 yrs use and have exchanged for another full size for 47 quid. Saves on BOC rental ....

If you have a set of bottles but,like me, you don't have any paperwork for them,HSS hire will exchange them without any questions! I've just emptied my acetelene after about 20 yrs use and have exchanged for another full size for 47 quid. Saves on BOC rental ....

Might not work that well once someone from BOC reads your post

Like all loopholes, it'll probably get shut at some point but while its still open I thought it worth sharing. I won't need one for another 20 yrs so not bothered but might be a few hard up lads out there who can get in before it stops.

Or would you rather I removed the post?

Like all loopholes, it'll probably get shut at some point but while its still open I thought it worth sharing. I won't need one for another 20 yrs so not bothered but might be a few hard up lads out there who can get in before it stops.

Or would you rather I removed the post?

Will try it as I don t use mine much and the remtal is silly compared to gas, ta.

Oxy-LPG is used for oxy-cutting, not welding, and welding is what most home welders want to do.

True, but as well as cutting you can add brazing, soldering and general heating to the list. I can't remember the last time I used gas to weld anything, I only ever use it as a heat source these days hence using propane instead of acetylene? TIG, MIG, arc and plasma tend to my welding and cutting needs these days. Kinda stuffed in a power cut though B)

GJ :wacko: