Txt280 '05 Bad Assembly/quality

thomas

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The needle only works at larger throttle openings. That "close throttle knock" is a pilot thing, or possibly fuel, but I'll bet 1-2 richer on the pilot will cure it A very wise man once told me that you should be able to go WFO in say third gear, close the throttle (without touching the clutch) and let the bike coast all the way down to idle speed...now whack it WFO again. If it responds quickly and sharply (usually a big wheelie) then your pretty close on the pilot setting....if it "clacks" when the throttle is shut, or bogs or hesitates when re-opened, then you can improve it. :unsure:

but I'll bet 1-2 richer on the pilot will cure it

definitely agree with JTT, mixture screw should always be the first thing to check.

Yeh i use first for alot of sections. My m8s laugh at me when i tell them to use first on some big stuff. Always worked for me though. Hope you've sorted your bike out a bit.

Just in case you didn't know you turn the mixture screw out to make it richer. :unsure:

Just for clarification...the mixture screw and the pilot jet are two different items, althoug do work closely together. Thomas, I don't think the mixture (or otherwise known as the fuel screw) will give you enough variance, think your likely down to replacing a pilot jet.

Just for clarification...the mixture screw and the pilot jet are two different items, althoug do work closely together.  Thomas, I don't think the mixture (or otherwise known as the fuel screw) will give you enough variance, think your likely down to replacing a pilot jet.

When you say pilot jet, is it the main nozzle or is it the idle nozzle?

If the problem happens because of to lean mixture at closed throttle, then I would expect the idle nozzle to be the way to go (if the GasGas has an idle nozzle).

You got it now :unsure:

Remember on your Dellorto that the screw is actually a "fuel screw" rather than an "air screw" as noted in the TW article...basically the same principal, but now clockwise is leaner rather than richer.

Also check you can blow down the fuel pipe ok and clean the little filter on the carb as they often have alot of residue in after a few weeks use. Usually flakes of aluminum out of tank.

The filter at the carburator, is it placed inside the carburator or at the open/reserve/closed valve?

You got it now  :unsure:

Remember on your Dellorto that the screw is actually a "fuel screw" rather than an "air screw" as noted in the TW article...basically the same principal, but now clockwise is leaner rather than richer.

A good thing to know:

If a mixture screw is on the intake side of the slide, it's an air screw and opening it will add air.

If the screw is on the other side of the slide, it's a fuel screw and opening it will add fuel.