Txt280 '05 Bad Assembly/quality

thomas

When I got my new TXT280, is wasn't a sweet experience.

Here are my problems

- Exhaust pipe was both dented and bended so the rear-wheel hit the exhaust. I got a new pipe, and had to change the mountings so it didn't hit the rear-wheel.

- The water-cooler broke the first time I wanted to check the water level. A new one solved the problem.

- Electrical wire joint were destroyed, because it was put so the rear-suspension hit it. It is now repaired and the joint is situated a more safe place.

- I just discovered that the brake-pipe it also hitting the rear suspension!

I is very hard, I don

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The brake hose hit the rear shock on all of them!

It needs to be fixed or it will surely brake open. So either I need to use a more soft hose, or some other solution. Have any of you solved this problem; or have another good id

Edited by Thomas

On my 05 gas gas 250 I had to replace the gasket at the base of the barrel because it had sliped into the barrel :D and the new gasket I got hardly fits it!!! but I slaped it on anyway and it works but still it aint very impressive for a 4 month old bike!

yeah great build quality :D

Yer but you d expect a brand new bike to have no problems what so ever and being checked before its even alowed to leave the factory.?!

I do that job , i would love it just testing out all the new bikes , taking them for a spin before they were shippedd out over the country :D

Bad product design,testing and quality control like this begars belief..........

A new bike leaving the factory with 'dents'..........no excuses

I total agree :D

It is thou a little comfort that I really like to ride the bike.

Thomas

Edited by Thomas

The enduro bikes are the same, by all accounts. TBM recently reviewed the 2005 EC range and their conclusions can be summarised as "great bikes, crap build quality and attention to detail."

I've owned a GasGas in the past (which I spent far more time spannering than riding) and having seen the problems that a couple of my Gasser-owning friends have had, I'd be very reluctant to buy another at this point.

Are GasGas a victim of their own success? There doesn't seem to be a supply problem so I can't believe that they're having trouble building enough to keep up with demand and rushing them through QA...

They cost considerably less than the other bikes.

That money is being saved somewhere.

They're great bikes, but I think you have to expect to do some tweaking.

Yes thats the way! My 300 came with all the problems that r being talked about but if you r prepared to spend 2 - 3 hours after each ride maintaining them( ;) ), you cant go wrong.

There r lots of things 2 do on them when their new. like all the bolts are falling out - you need to 'Locktite' sprocket/disc bolts. :D

most of the money is being saved on the bolts coz they're made out of the crapest material, they're like chocolate! dead easy to round off/sheer the heads off! :D

also the clips on the radiator hoses start to leak after hard use! you have to replace with good quality jubilee clips or summit.

but... yeah! great bikes. :D

on gassers the bottom yoke hits the frame on full lock leaveing big dents in the frame after a little while not like on a mont there are nice little nylon stoppers :D

the mudguards on a gasser are made from a nice matrial though nice and flexable not like on a beta them things are a brittle as glass!

Great bikes but need to be kept on top of at all times...I nearly bought one untill I saw my mates brand new 05 250 pro........very poor quality...I wouldn't even go near one now.

How do they get away with it I wonder?

they aint THAT bad id buy another one.

Its strange some of the stuff on a gasser is really nicly done like the really thick stickers thet never peel off ever after a good blast with a pressure washer :D

Edited by Trials Lad