Domino Throttle On Sy

boofont

Hi all, I noticed on my SY that the Domino throttle seems to be white (there's a small cut on the grip so I can't say for sure), this is the faster throttle, right? Seems strange though because the bike is not what I would call "zippy" as would be expected with the faster acting throttle. I'm I right in assuming that the SY's are fitted with a fast throttle from new then?

Yes. The white is the fast one. I believe they can come with fast or slow when new.

There is also the choice of heavy or light flywheels. If you're looking for "zip" make sure you match up the light flywheel with that white throttle tube and the proper carb settings.

Don't forget about advancing the timing.

With that combination, it produces more "zip" than most of us will ever want. You won't be disappointed.

Don't want more zip, it runs sweet as it is, not zippy at all. Its a white throttle for sure, I was just surprised to find that out. I expected it to be a black one by the way the power was delivered.

The bike will be three years old this August. I've never changed the trottle grip, just changed the other side once after the end ripped. Never need to clean the throttle, so I've not cleaned it... Ever.

Top tip, never let go of the bars unless you really need to. It saves the bike getting trashed on a fall, especially the grips! :D

The bike will be three years old this August. I've never changed the trottle grip, just changed the other side once after the end ripped. Never need to clean the throttle, so I've not cleaned it... Ever.

Top tip, never let go of the bars unless you really need to. It saves the bike getting trashed on a fall, especially the grips!  :D

:D WOW !!! :D

Strip, clean and lubricate the throttle with a few drops of 2-stroke oil and you will instantly notice the difference - super smooth wrist action ;)

Edited by Kinell

Try a pressure cable oiler with an aerosol tin of graphited penetrating oil 'Silkopen' is one brand name, you will be very surprised how much smoother cables run after being oiled this way. The oilers probably cost between

Interesting comment about the oil, I was always lead to believe that lubing the throttle was abad idea. Attracts dirt etc.

The oil probably does attract a little bit of dirt (especially with a split grip). I strip and clean mine every 3 or 4 rides, takes less than 5 minutes and makes a huge difference - less arm pump too :rolleyes:

Are sure that it is not aluminum that you are seeing?  My 03 SY-250 came with a slow aluminum tube. When I took it apart to clean it I thought the same thing. 

Ciao

Doug Wilson

Doug,

Yours has the aluminum tube, slow turn, version because I fitted to the bike after receipt. Didn't come that way stock. The aluminum tube is a better unit, and it typically fast turn. I get the slow turn version from Mike at the Tryals Shop.