Evo Clutch Shims ?

andyjohnson

got a problem with my clutch dragging , found out that you can adjust it by reshiming the thrust bearing , are these shims available ? im going ring lampkins in the morning but thought id ask on here first !

andy

Be sure to keep us informed ..all any info has to be worth having on this subject.

• 4 weeks later...

If you bike is a '12 model the outer most and inner most friction plates are different than the rest. I cut the grooves with a hacksaw blade. Mine was so bad I had to change oil every other ride or it would grab at the most inopertune times.

I've been having the same problems Neil; the problem appears to me to be that the driven or steel plates are pressed or stamped out which deforms the flatness of the plate, As well as spending a lot of money on a new bike I.ve just spent all morning lapping them flat,.. it appears to have been worth it as I can select all gears stationary ..even neutral. However for a "radical test" I've also designed a plate with "oil grooves" and a wavy edge bit like brake discs.. having them laser cut and will probably need lapping. I think flat is essential then surface finish needs to be be looked at. It seems this is a typical Italian engineering problem in that IF all the component parts are perfect then the clutch will work perfectly..but they seem to have no idea or care of what tolerences are for. I can understand the shim idea as it takes up any tolerence issues re slave cylinder/ pushrod to the bit it has to lift as it is important to maximise the lift afforded by the master cylinder.. particularly if the plates arn't flat!. I WILL SORT THIS

Edited by chewy