How Can Trials Be So Far Off The Back?

corex radnar

I've been into Skiing, Biking, Sledding (Snowmobile), moto x for years and I've got stacks of videos for each sport. Theres livings to be made and athletes on TV. I wonder if it's a euro thing that has trials so far back, but you guys love the BEST sports. Rally is way bigger, DH racing is way bigger and Freeski contests are going off. Where is the real Big Mountain Trials? To me this seems like it could be the raddest sport on the planet but no one is pushing it, on mountains real technical decending and climbing and HUCKS you guys should be pounding the crusty demons of dirt right back to the motocross track. Am I really the first to think of riding a trials bike on the mountains that it looks like their built for?

Sincerly, Jay from BC.

I totally agree. I think that now's the time for some forward-thinking production company to resurrect Kickstart for the 21st century - that'd bring trials back into the minds of the general public.

What's the reaction of people when you show them a modern trials DVD (especially indoor events) for the first time? "Whoa... that's amazing... " and they're hooked.

Isn't trials an exhibition sport at next year's X-Games?

Isn't trials an exhibition sport at next year's X-Games?

Bike trials is not to sure about moto trials :(

I think to get trials more into the lime-light I think we just need to make the bigger trials more audience frendly and have more things there to really draw the crowds.

Say they make it compulsery (sp :rolleyes: ) to have 1 or 2 man-made sections at every British championship round.

We'll see :P

The point of view that trials offers a spectacle which would amaze many people is understandable, but the other side of the coin is that there is something to be said for keeping it low-key. This reduces risk of land abuse by unauthorised enthusiasts riding where they like because they've got switched on to the idea of riding their bike off-road.

Besides, queues at sections are already long enough in my part of the world!

I'm with you on that one cleanorbust. Of course I would always encourage a mate if he wanted to get into trials..but I'd hate to see it go TOO mainstream. I think there would be quite a few negative points to that, ...

Mind you...I dont like it being TOO low-key either...for instance over here, it took me about 5 years to find out where the trials scene was!!!..its almost SECRET!...trying to make up for lost time now though! :rolleyes:

What's the reaction of people when you show them a modern trials DVD (especially indoor events) for the first time? "Whoa... that's amazing... " and they're hooked.

I think thats that problem, trials vids are amazing and its more of a 'that looks complicated' and people don't like doing things unless they feel that they can be fully involved in the sport.

People need to be shown the sport in a practical way so they enjoy the fun of the sport and not the extreme world class riding of the sport...if you understand what I mean, its a little difficult to explain.

I think that what you are trying to say is that trials looks very complicated compared to the flat out mayhem and excitement of motocross, and therefore isn't as appealing to newcomers to motorsport.

In my opinion what trials needs to get people involved is a TV show where a bunch of amateurs attack big rocks and the like with hilaroius results, but of course not too many injuries or that would put peole off. It would also need abit of amazing stuff chucked in, but people want to see crashes!

Who makes the videos of the wild stuff? Cliffs, rocks, chutes, scree, HUCKS. I can't find one good video in ANY BC moto store. They all have Crusty demons 1-40 but not a single comparable trials video anywhere. Has anyone seen the Red Bull Freeride contests for mountain bikes at Virgin Utah? You guys could ride UP that stuff first! And did I mention HUCKS, why is no one jumping these things, do they just have to be sprung really soft to climb? I've got trials forks on my mountain bike and love them (Marzochi Monster T) and let me tell you they dont bottom out before you bend your bars. Whos got the good vids?

-Jay