Bultaco 199 Amal Mk2 Jets

old trials fanatic

In the process of sorting the Bultaco out and rectifying all the usual B & S (Bodgit and Scarper) "mods" that you find on every second hand bike, well i seem to, :wall:

The bike runs, in a fashion, but is very very "wooly" and feels either over rich or choked up. Have a spare exhaust in the spare bits box so will be fitting that and as seems the fashion nowadays i have thrown the home made airfilter element, made from the usual 3M scouring pad grrrrrr i HATE it when mongs do that when the proper material is so cheap, away.

Striping the carb tomorrow to find out what horrors await and was wondering what the std jet sizes were so at least i had an idea what should be in it and have a baseline to work from as no doubt the B & S mob have been here too. So can anybody help with what jets were fitted to a Model 198/199 250 fitted with an Amal Mk2 ?

You are best to replace the needle and needle jet as these wear out and make the bike impossible to tune, as raising and lowering the needle will not cure the mid range spluttering that the worn parts cause. The slide also wears very quickly leaving a half- moon on the inlet side.

Cheers Greg

• Like 1